1. Calculus was horrendously easy. I feel like my intelligence and effort was undermined. -.-
2. People cheat a lot here. People do things like change the size of their periods from the mandated size 12 to 13 or something so they can bump up the number of pages for essays. This is a trick that wouldn't work back home, since we're usually required to hit a fixed number of words instead of a fixed number of pages.
The only experience I had with cheating was when I looked at someone's Science paper in Primary Five or something. (No, I've never done any cheating that involves planning. I think that the time it takes to prepare cheating instruments can be better spent improving my brainpower.) There was a multiple choice question that asked which faucet would require less force to turn on.


I initially picked the second one, because well, I've been taught that the further the force is applied from the fulcrum, the less force is needed to move the same weight - right? But the girl in front of me picked the first one. And I hesitated for a bit; maybe I'm wrong - besides, the top one looks more like a proper faucet than mine did. And so I switched my answer. And I got it wrong.
So from then on, I never bothered to peek at people's work because I realise that many a time, others are wrong.
But if I'm in a world where every bloody person cheats, then I have to cheat too to get on top of the game, don't I? Ugh, goes against my moral values, but whaddyagonnado.


1 comment:
Everybody cheats to do well which means they are either too lazy or not smart enough. Challenge yourself to be better than everyone else without stooping as low as them :) You're very intelligent, don't prove me wrong :(
Post a Comment