I had a gem of an insight that I haven't had for a while. I personally maintain that everyone is unique - I like to give people a chance at proving their worth - once you get to know them well enough. Get intimate enough with anyone and you'll find out that they all have their own quirks. However, not everyone's uniqueness is apparent on first sight. For some people, you need to tease their individuality out by talking to them a bit more, working through their carefully cultivated facades to see what truly lies underneath.
But not everyone looks appealing enough for you to WANT to tease out their individuality. Ultimately, there is still some superficial level of attraction that's necessary to draw one person to WANT to get to know another. To put it simply, who cares about your unique personality if you have a nondescript face?
I am in a very contemplative mood, but I feel like I might have lost the verbal prowess/balls to put it out here.
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment