Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jason's 20th; thoughts

Jason's 20th:


Eat, drink and make merry!


The birthday boy man, quite drunk.


Wiped out two bottles of red wine, a bottle of Choya and some of that Chivas.


I can't name them, because I don't know them >.<
Friends since I was 12. We go a loong way back! Also the first person I... rollerbladed with. First and last, hurhurhur.

******

Caught Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I get the feeling that a lot of non-essential action scenes were cut from the second half of the movie. I bet the directors' cut of the movie would be twice as long, or something.

Anyway, was thinking about illicit romances, and realised that you can sort of figure out if he's a good person when you're with him in the company of others. If he is overly cold or overly territorial, or if he makes snide, incisive remarks that appear to be in good humour but will make you blush furiously, he's probably not a very good person. It probably takes a great deal of tact to make appropriate comments which are the verbal equivalent of "nudge nudge wink wink" - y'know, to maintain a good level of sexual tension and a sense of sharing a private secret - yet avoiding underhand insults and still maintaining some level of discretion. Not that people you have illicit romances with tend to be considered good people by the general populace anyway, hur. Then again, having illicit romances doesn't have a significant bearing on one's innate niceness - or does it?

I think I now have a much higher level of mastery over my emotions. I've never exactly been what you might consider an impulsive or explosive person, but I do tend to dwell over disappointments for quite a bit, despite attempts to shut myself up with soundbite-y truisms like "such is life" or "what's done is done". I guess all those years of repetition worked, if even for just a little. It is a little tragic, though. The implications are that I might not feel as intensely as I once could/did. Then again, that's what cathartic movies and books are for. I teared during Dumbledore's funeral. I swear, people who get more emotional over fictional events than real ones are a little screwed up. Then again... people tend to face real events with steely, heroic stoicism, which is probably more appropriate and a lot more disciplined than bawling one's lungs out.I used to bemoan that people, or more specifically, guys only liked me because they think I've got an interesting blog. Now, I am worried that I appear attractive only after I imbibe alcohol. I wonder in what kind of context will I think attraction is rationally justified.

No comments: