Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

World

4:30 AM
I just got home after an exhaustingly long day. I met Bernard for lunch, and then I met Danial for tea, and then had dinner with my family and my elder brother's girlfriend to celebrate my mother's birthday. I went to Butter Factory with Sean and Huat. I got back home and washed up. I switched on the music on my phone, and started packing.



I decided to haul out everything I had packed inside the luggage, thinking I should go online to search for more efficient ways of packing all my worldly possessions into a pathetically inadequate luggage. The things I'd put in if I could! All of a sudden I felt an overwhelming wave of emotion and broke down uncontrollably. Am still sobbing, actually. It's been quite a while since I cried. It feels... it feels... I just want to go on crying my heart out.

God my eyes hurt like shit now. I think I should go back to looking up efficient packing methods.

4:53 AM

4 comments:

-- said...

heys!

where are you going?

depending on how long and where u are going this site might be useful.

http://www.onebag.com/

its really better for those backpacking kinda trips.

but i realise while i was packing to go overseas to study that lists of stuff to bring are useful. and repacking again and again allows me to somehow figure out how to stuff more stuff in. so start packing early:)

and if you're going for a really long time rmb to bring stuff so that u wouldnt be so homesick. or that would cheer you up/get you out of the blue funk when u are feeling homesick. self help books are good for that, photos and memorabilia too.

and more clothes the merrier! dont be like me and try to save on weight! clothes dont weigh much anyway!

soongteng

Shen Ting said...

Try vacuum bags. Saves a lot of space by reducing the air trapped inside. You can get them from Daiso.

Anonymous said...

Are you feeling better now?

Jin said...

Hello all, thanks for the advice and concern! I managed to cirumvent the 23kg per piece limit and brought all my essential stuff! I had to debate whether to bring my sentimental stuff, but I decided against most of it. I'll acquire new memories when I'm here :)