My dad and I. I look so small and vulnerable in this photo!
Just as I was feeling all warm and fluffy from the well-wishes I've received, a creeping sense of cynicism caught up with me and I started wondering about how little effort it takes to send a farewell SMS, and how much more effort it'd take to actually maintain a long-distance friendship. Also, it doesn't take a lot to spend my last days with me because there's the safe knowledge that they won't have to trifle with me for the whole of next year, eh? Like a short-term pain for long-term gain thing. "Make her think I'll miss her badly; 's not like she can tell the difference or MAKE ME when she's 15,000 km away."
Gosh I am so annoyingly cynical. Then again, if it isn't true now, it will eventually be. Omg more cynicism. Maybe it's fatigue. Don't think I slept more than two hours consecutively from Wednesday night to what is now Saturday morning in Singapore but Friday night over here.
Lol I am now frikkin' amused at myself. I WILL LEARN MY LESSON OK. I think I am a lot better at dealing with hypocrisy and betrayal now. I'm not sure how I reconciled myself to it, but perhaps yea, I should learn that it is too much to expect sincerity from people. Or honesty. People lie, cheat, betray and disappoint all the goddamn time. Rarh! Welcome to life!


3 comments:
I assume you're studying in America. What are you reading?
All the best! :)
yueheng: Economics! Thank you :)
randomly: i love your shoes! where did you get them?
Post a Comment