Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Adjusting

I think the laptop got knocked around too much during the flight, and now the fan isn't working. It's prone to blacking out every now and then so do tolerate if I suddenly disconnect! I've been trying to work around it by doing stupid things like putting the laptop atop the AC. I am this close to grabbing a Ziplock bag of ice to try to cool down its fever. Would chicken soup work? I don't want its brains to fry up irreversibly.

Still trying to adjust to the hours here; for the past two nights I go to sleep at a decent hour, like ten to eleven, but I end up waking at three to four in the morning, then going back to bed at around nine to ten and then waking at noon. I took an hour's nap from six to seven yesterday. Perhaps I should avoid doing that today. I feel so drained. Haven't had a good night's rest since Wednesday, bloody.

I had eggs Benedict for breakfast, something I always read about but never got to eat, because I make crappy poached eggs and am not sure I want to mess about with Hollandaise sauce, and had a red velvet cupcake from Magnolia. Awesome cream cheese buttercream frosting and ruby red cocoa cake. I think the Dutch-processed cocoa powder reacts with buttermilk to turn the cake red. I love that there are a TON of bakeries and diners here. Every corner you turn you see a quaint little bakery with little tables set on the outside so you can munch and people-watch at the same time. I love pastries and diner food! Omelettes and sandwiches and subs, cookies and cakes and bread; I think I might get fat, though. New Yorkers are a really fit bunch, I noticed. They all have really toned legs. Probably a result of the walking and running culture here.

It strikes me that it's going to take a lot to actually stand out here. Being the feisty Asian wouldn't work as well as it would in Singapore. Damn.

I think I've a swollen lymph node in my throat. Hurts mad. Okay okay my blog is so detail-oriented! Get me talking about my "feelings" and I become terribly disillusioned. Sorry about that, hur. Okay, my dear baby is heating up really badly. Will give it some TLC! Ciao!

3 comments:

rebekah said...

Use it on a glass table or put it on your lap, not on a cloth material base. Mine was like that too, and eventually it crashed and wouldn't turn on anymore..
Maybe get a laptop cooling pad. I used to try and balance mine on top of the fan.
Wish I was there.
Singapore is... Singapore.

WanLin said...

HEJIN!

JIAYOU!!!!

I think you'll need a new laptop though...

Jin said...

rebekah: Lol I totally get the sentiment that SIngapore is Singapore...

wan lin: Gambatte us! Haha definitely will get a new laptop, and a new phone. Can't stand how they all use flip phones here though.