Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Friday, May 29, 2009

I keep blogging about relationship nonsense.

Yes, I think I am very obsessed with the dynamics of girl-guy interaction. Heck, I am obsessed with person-to-person interaction.

My younger brother is now old enough to discuss philosophical issues of enormous proportions, such as the seeming infinity of the universe (hard to grasp) and the existence of god (no - no to both a creator god and a protector god). He also has something to add about what makes girls attractive. Apparently, he doesn't think that girls who play DotA or otherwise are into "gaming" are attractive. In fact, he thinks that it's too "boyish". But isn't it an advantage? That a gamer babe is into what guys are into? Maybe my brother is a little conservative in his views, and reckon that girls should like typical girly things like baking, sewing and shopping and leave men to do their manly things.

"Being one of the guys" was a big reason why I decided to engage in decidedly un-me things like soccer in JC. Granted, it worked as an attention-grabbing ruse - but I think it's more of the novelty that was appealing than the idea that I'm one of them. Furthermore, I was into soccer only as a player and not as a spectator. For most guys, watching the leagues are as significant a proportion as playing the game itself. I guess I only had half the formula right.

Like I've said before, how you present yourself determines who you will attract. If there's a particular sort of person that you want to attract, you have to figure out what that person is attracted to, then mould yourself to be that type of person. Ideally, the person that you are attracted to should naturally be attracted to you too - but life doesn't always work out so happily, does it?

*******

Snitched this from Lulu's blog:

You're on a journey and you're with a horse, a cow, an antelope, a lion, and a monkey. To make it through your journey you must kill off one animal at a time. In order, what would you kill off and why?

Okay, this is how I'd do it. Antelope, lion, horse, cow, monkey.

Why would I kill the antelope first? Antelopes are useless, AFAIK. I don't think they've ever been domesticated, so it's not like I could use them for locomotion or food-hunting purposes. They are pretty, definitely, but that's all to them. I would kill the lion next, because the lion is self-serving and is chauvinistic. The lionesses are the ones who hunt, y'know. But the lion might be good for scaring people off, so yea. The horse goes next, because it is only good for travelling. It probably would be nice to have around, though. I think horses are very elegant.The cow goes next, because cows are useful for milk and possibly transport, but they are too slow and bulky. I think the monkey would be a useful little critter: I probably could get it to help me send messages or steal food, and it'd be fun to have, too.

So apparently, these are what my answers mean:

Monkey = significant other
Antelope = children
Cow = money
Horse = ambition
Lion = pride

So this is what is important to me, in decreasing order: significant other, money, ambition, pride, children. Possibly! I initially went with: ambition, significant other, money, pride, children.

I have no idea what that means. My brain has been wringed dry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, you must be proud of your brother, who's now capable of holding such discussions! he's still young though...ask him for his opinions again in a few years' time...hahaha...

u know...being the older child and the oldest among my cousins, i find myself looking forward to a time when we can actually hold a more "grown-up" discussion about life and the world. it just seems like a fun notion to be able to hear what the people u grew (grow?) up with have to say about reality...life...existence etc....may be just me but even with the vast number of hours spent in our lives being around each other, our family really don't know much about the other members' beliefs...the philosophies they abide by. guess some families spend so much time trying to operate as one smooth-running machine (well, they try i guess...) that members sometimes lose their identity along the way...hmmmm...

anyways, yeah i agree with what you said about how the portrayal of one's self determines the kinds of people they attract, and possibly wants to attract, lol...but i guess there's only so much of ourselves we can mold to attract those we want to. perhaps if it were our wish to stay that way, the results of our molding would stick. sigh...but that rarely happens doesn't it? guess "us" we spend our entire lives developing wouldn't allow for at the very least, permanent changes to who we are. then hell begins...hahahahah

sorry this dragged on so much...your entries are engaging as always:) all the best!