I stumbled upon a thought. It was lucid. So vivid and clear, as the words just... appeared on the screen. By miring myself in other people's problems, I avoid my own. I seek those that are similar to me. I hear them out, listen to them, solve their problems ruthlessly with cold wit. They are bruised. They feel hurt and their ego is damaged. Whereas I as the indifferent bystander, I escape the emotional pain that comes from a sharp awakening, yet reap the benefits of enlightenment. By solving their problems, I solve mine, without having to suffer the repercussions at all.
Is this why I seek people similar to me?
And once I've changed them into better people, admire my handiwork, then I have to face the barenakedness of my own problems. I have changed others. Helped to give some semblance of normalcy into other people's lives. Given them motivation to actualise what they've always wanted to do. And what about me? I am left where I started off, with nothing to prove for it except for a load of happy people who don't give a shit about me.
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment