I haven't ran for at least a week, and it felt really good to exercise once more. I did cycle for a bit on Christie's cycling machine at home, and I covered 8km within 20 minutes, but I don't think that's exceptionally fast so I didn't derive a lot of satisfaction from it. Lean, mean, speed machine!
I am going to be quite random today. I am very envious of this loving couple in school. He waits for her till 8pm for the end of her CCA. Isn't that damn nice and sacrificial of him? Then it got me thinking quite a bit. In order to truly make a sacrifice, he has to give up something he really wants to do in order to spend that extra few minutes with her. So if he was spending his time productively in school studying, then it isn't really considered a sacrifice, because he wasn't compromising on anything. However, if he really did want to be at home, and the allures of home were stronger than seeing his girlfriend for a bit longer, then by staying in school for her, he is making a sacrifice. Yet, he SHOULD want to see her! So if he is reluctant to, then he must be a crap boyfriend. And if he isn't reluctant to, then he isn't making a sacrifice because he isn't doing anything against his wishes. So it seems like the odds are stacked against boyfriends. But this argument has lots of loopholes. So it really doesn't make sense. But it's still sweet to know that he wants to see his girlfriend despite having to wait for such a long time. It could be considered foolish, but a lot of romantic ideas are.
Also, I have gotten more insight into how hot guys hit on hot girls. Today a junior was recounting her friend's experience. "That guy like stalker like that. On MSN he will ask her, "Eh, how come today you never wear your red shoes/carry your Nike bag?"
Ah, superfluous conversation is how it works, methinks. Not being a hot girl myself, I never had the good fortune to be hit on by hot guys. Yet I feel that the blame cannot be exclusively put on the guy. After all, she did invite attention by (presumably) broadcasting her MSN address on a public venue. So if she does get annoyed by him, then it's her fault as much as his. In fact, I might even go so far to say that it's mostly her fault, because she committed the crime of being pretty AND available, whereas he was merely instigated to react the way he did. Well, communication is a two-way thing. Mutual interest is usually evident. In my opinion. But who am I to say anything, hurhur.
I'm also done reading the Psychology textbook. It's pretty enriching, but I'm a bit irked that such extensive topics such as psychopathological disorders are skimmed through so briefly by touching on only schizophrenia, depression and anxiety disorders. And even so, there is so much more to cover than what they actually mentioned! But I guess one can't bargain for too much since it's only a general psychology textbook for 'A' Level students.
I was also reading Society and Personality: An Interactionist Approach to Social Psychology by Tamotsu Shibutani. It's pretty fascinating! For lazy people who are interested in psychological theories but can't be arsed to read any books yourself (like Shabana who asked me to divulge all I know about graphology), here's a quote!
"One's conception of himself is essentially a reflection of his attributes as they are mirrored in the society of which he is a part."
To a certain extent, this is true. But I disagree, as we are not just passive recipients of social reaction. We also CAUSE social reactions by deciding who we want to be.
There's just too much to say; read stuff yourself!
Oh, a miniature disaster has occured on the domestic front. My maid got angry and she upped and left. She has been feeling malcontent for a quite a while, so I wasn't surprised. Now, this might seem extremely calculative of me, but I cannot help but see her absence in terms of loss of benefits for me. She did prove to be a great help when I started out sewing. She was a generous, kind person in general. But who is going to iron my uniform/pack my room/cook my dinner now?! Who is going to help me get rid of cockroaches when I become a screeching wreck upon sight of them?
I guess the next maid would have to do it. That is the nature of life, huh. People you get used to always find some way to leave your life. Despite knowing this, I cannot completely eradicate the unpleasant sensation that comes along with it. I can only shorten the ordeal or lessen the intensity, but it can never completely go away. Oh well!
Vivien has managed to drum this into my head, while I was feeling down. (I think I had enough of the symptoms of clinical depression to be classified as such) No matter what, I will always decide. And that's all. I decide. It's as if she conferred power unto me, power that I thought had forsaken me.
Oh oh, symptoms of clinical depression:
A Persistent low mood (for at least two weeks)
plus
B At least five of the following symptoms:
1. Poor appetite or weight loss or increased appetite or weight gain (change of 1lb a week over several weeks or 10lb in a year when not dieting)
2. Sleep difficulty, or sleeping too much
3. Loss of energy, faitguability or tiredness
4. Body slowed down or agitated (not mere subjective feeling of restlesness or being slowed down, but observable by others)
5. Loss of interest or pleasure in usual activities, including social contact or sex
6. Feelings of self-reproach, excessive or inappropriate guilt
7. Complaints or evidence of diminished ability to think or concentrate (such as slowed thinking of indecisiveness)
8. Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide, or any suicidal behaviour
Self-diagnose!
Update: I may not have a maid anymore! My mum reckons we're all grown up now and can take care of ourselves. I HAVE TO IRON MY OWN UNIFORM NOW?! I exclaimed that aloud, and my brother was like, "Get married also have to clean your own house what."
I refuse to admit that I am incapable of doing housework, but it's just that I've been so accustomed to having other people clean up after me that I'm not sure I can handle this. Urgh. I am such a spoilt brat.
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment