You get it right?! Vaseline is a petroleum company that produces moisturisers that are petroleum-based. Moisturisers make your skin smooth. In order to feel if skin is smooth, you need to touch it. And in order to read Braille, you have to touch it. Isn't it so clever?! Credit must be given where it is due. I absolutely love interactive art pieces like these. Being a tactile person myself, I'm very attuned to textures and surfaces. Hence my affinity for crafting, because I get to work with my hands and create stuff that can be USED, not just admired. I always have a strong urge to feel canvases in an art gallery, because the paint daubs are sticking out ever so tantalisingly and I just need to feel them! Aghh.
This is a similar idea.

DO NOT TOUCH, 2000 Sheet of Aluminum, Braille inscription 1,4 ” x 5 ” This work is a sheet of polished aluminum which has a Braille inscription that says “DO NOT TOUCH”
Yes. It's ironic because in order to find out what the art piece is about, you need to touch it. But it says do not touch! Oh my I'm absolutely hyperventilating at the genius involved. Btw I dislike explaining puns and double meanings, because it totally takes the fun away from it. I was once asked: "Are you attached?" I cheekily responded: "My marital status is up to you to decide ;)"
And he didn't get it. -.- Turn-off. I suppose it's kind of oblique, but still.
I think I'm feeling a lot better now. It's strange yet amazing, the healing properties of time. You'd think that any medical condition left untreated would deteriorate over time, yet affairs of the heart contradict this. Funny, the way feelings work.
I have an unfounded fear that one day, Blogger would somehow just cease to exist and then everyone's blog entries would all be wiped out. I can't think of any data storage that would be permanent. CDs, thumbdrives, hard drives all die in time. Furthermore these things would probably be ousted out by newer technologies in the future. We must remember the fate of the poor floppy disk. Oh my goodness my laptop doesn't have a floppy disk drive. Okay, then physical storage like books would also die because paper gets eaten up by acid and silverfish.
NOTHING lasts forever. It frightens me a little, actually.
I'm hoping that by stalling as long as I can to do up my independent study proposal, some brilliant stroke of geniousity would hit me and I'll do one up without a hitch. That's a hope, of course.
Stress stress stress.
Cleo says that you should have sex with your man after two weeks. There's this whole timeline shite, which I shall reproduce here. I hope Cleo doesn't sue me.
1st date:
Kiss on cheek (no tongue)
Cyber-suss him out (think Facebook and Friendster)
2nd date:
Sexual innuendoes
Kissing (tongue allowed)
3rd date:
Making out
Discussing the ex
4th date:
Ringing him before he rings you
Talking about family dysfunctions
Two weeks:
Sex
Introduction to friends
Dirty talk
One month:
Referring to him as your boyfriend
Having lazy nights in
Quickies
PDA (including holding hands openly)
Buying him clothes
Two months:
Condom shopping together
Weekend getaway
Leaving stuff at his place
Three months:
Letting him see you without your makeup on
Meeting the parents
Meeting the ex
Saying "I love you" during sex
Four months:
Baby talk
Inviting him to a wedding
Squeezing zits in front of him
Walking around with your face mask on
Five months:
Cutesy talk (including cheesy nicknames)
Discussing non-condom methods of birth control
Nine months:
Saying "I love you" on a regular basis
Peeing while he brushes his teeth
Helping his family run errands
One year:
Sex toys
Talking about kids
Anniversary celebrations
Well, it's an interesting list. Much of it, I think is crap, though. I'll do what I very damn well please.


1 comment:
They have braille on postcards? That was what my PW group proposed in one of the showcasings!
(I bet Vaseline stole our idea.)
Post a Comment