Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Apes and Sims.

All of a sudden I have TWO people at one go telling me that they like my blog. Well, that's certainly very ego-boosting. I TOLD you. Being in the depths of misery really helps to get my creative juices flowing. Then people like my blog better. It becomes "funny" and it actually "impresses".

I've been reading The Inner Ape by Frans De Waal, and Syamil has enlightened me that bonobos are the only other species to have face-to-face sex. (The other species would be us, of course.) Whoaa I totally didn't know that. But now I do. They are very peace-loving creatures who use sex as gestures of affection, and even greetings. They have both hetero and homosexual sex. The more domineering the males are in a species, the smaller their testicles are. (Human males have relatively small testicles, reflecting the equality in power that the parents in a nuclear family possess.) And did you also know that it is possible to get an orgasm while undergoing childbirth? It's quite contrary to my perceived impression of childbirth and the excruciating labour, but I suppose it's nature's way of expressing itself in the wonders of creation. If you'd just google "orgasmic childbirth" I'm sure you'll find many websites with swooning women raving about their orgasmic delivery.

I'm currently on a roll with regards to my IS topic. Suddenly tiny bits of inspiration has been coursing its way to me! It also helps that I've been talking to more people about it. Please please please let me have a decent essay at the end of it all. All these great ideas can't be all for naught!

OH MY FUCKING GAWWD I just stepped on a lizard! I was bounding towards the kitchen to quickly get a glass of water so I could get back to the computer, and in my haste my heel landed on a lizard attempting to make its way across the floor! OMG I could hear the squelch! And then the disembodied tail was still wriggling! I've no idea where the lizard is now. I probably flattened all its organs. I have very nasty encounters with stepping on small crawling creatures with my bare feet. Once I was playing hide and seek at home, and I hid behind the door only to hear a sickening crunch under my foot. I stepped on a cockroach. And I was a tiny midget of a kid then. Imagine how traumatising it must have been.

If I had to pick an Aspiration from the Sims 2 game, I'd choose Knowledge as my aspiration among Romance, Popularity, Family and Fortune. Yet I don't think I'm as knowledgable as my acquaintances. Perhaps the knowledge that I've gleaned isn't the tangible sort that you can easily regurgitate in the forms of theories and philosophies, but more like interactions through which I have learnt a great deal about other people. Perhaps I am knowledge-seeking, but a very poor one. Or maybe I am outwardly a knowledge-seeking person, but inwardly I'm actually driven by romance.

If I had to rate my skills, I'd probably fare like this:

Cooking - 2
Mechanical - 0
Charisma - 4
Body - 3
Logic - 5
Creativity - 6
Cleaning - 0

Yea. I've read enough self-help books to boost my theoretical knowledge on charisma! Hah. I can bake, never tried enough cooking to know. I can't fix anything for nuts. I'm terrible with technology. I've probably exercised a lot more over the past year to get myself a 3, and I think logic is something I honed over the years. Creativity, probably highest among the rest. But I don't think I can make masterpieces. It's over 10, by the way.

Ahh this has been completely random. I have things to do. Goodbye all!

No comments: