Self-deception: How can you know that you're deceiving yourself if you're deceiving yourself?
It's an interesting question. Today I chatted with an unprecedented amount of people within 6 hours. I think I spoke to at least 21 different people in school today. (I counted.) I don't think that has happened since like, Orientation or something. I've been uncharacteristically jovial today, grinning more than usual and saying things that I usually only say in my head. I attribute this anomaly to fatigue. I'm not usually so grinny and happy.
Something seemingly insignificant happened during assembly today. The civics tutor was trying to look for our class, even though she was practically standing right in front of us. Then I waved my hands in her face and she broke into an embarrassed grin. The look that we exchanged seem to have some kind of renewed trust in it. Well, I'm probably one of her least favourite students given my propensity to skip class and all that, but today, things seemed different. Or at least that was how I felt. It's quite random, but it was the start of a feel-good day.
Ha. I feel like punching the air and going, "mission accomplished!" Though I didn't really set out to reach a target. But I feel a sense of satisfaction. It's like, "People actually like me!" I think I'm more likable when I'm delirious. Actually I AM. I am too fatigued to oppose or be grumpy, so I'm just agreeable and nice.
And I read the Geography syllabus today, and I was astounded to find out that plate tectonics is merely a THEORY! I thought it was fact! I'm quite traumatised. Is there nothing that we can be sure of?
I'm feeling horribly disillusioned now. Pangea was real, right?! And the earth balances on an elephant balancing on a tortoise.
Men are better at resolving conflict, women are better at avoiding them. The level of intimacy women share when connecting with others is an obstacle to resolve conflict if it ever arises. A deep-seated grudge occurs, that is why women work so hard to avoid conflict. Yea, tidbit of information.
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Sweet Terry Pratchett reference.
In science-talk, a theory doesn't have the same meaning that the word has for lay-men/women. When scientists speak of theories, they aren't talking about speculations. But rather, theories are logical/consistent explanations of reality.
You might want to take a look at this.
darthsid: I wasn't consciously trying to refer to him; I haven't read Terry Pratchett's books in ages and I didn't really like the sole book of his that I read.
yueheng: I remember you. Hah. Hmmm, okay. But just because they are logical and consistent still doesn't mean it's true. (But there are so many theories of truth!)
Post a Comment