I woke up with this incredible ache in my biceps and shoulders, without knowing why. Then it suddenly hit me that I spent part of the CCA Fest yesterday lugging a heavy canteen table down from the canteen to the grandstand and back up again. It's approximately three stories between each locale, due to NJ's hilly ground. I think yesterday was one of the closest I ever got to getting to know the soccer guys. Miss Koh came along, and she chatted with us, then she was like: "He Jin always has something interesting to say, come and talk to me."
We ended up talking about who's cute in soccer guys, and she did her part by conveying the message to them. Loads of giggles all around. Mostly talking bullshit. And then they had, like, shy endearing smiles.
The day before I met up with Erica and we had a nice lunch and catching up. I watched High School Musical at her place for the first time ever! It's slightly overrated, but it's a cheesy, feel-good flick. Zac Efron, in my opinion, isn't very cute! He doesn't have that dark and soulful look about him, which I have a weakness for. He looks too... chirpy. Actors whom I think are good looking are: Keanu Reeves, er, I can't think of anymore. Oh oh she also has a mini trampoline at her house which is so fun! But I got a bit light-headed after a while.
Excerpt from Your Erroneous Zones by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer:
There are two occasions when complaining is least appreciated in the world: (1) Whenever you tell someone else that you are tired. (2) Whenever you tell someone else that you don't feel well. If you are tired, you can exercise several options, but complaining to even one poor soul, let alone a loved one, is abusing that person. And it won't make you less tired. The same kind of logic applies to your "not feeling well".
Wow, and you wonder why I have a short fuse.
I think that breaking up should be done in the least personal way possible. Most people would instantly classify you as a jerk if you were to break up over impersonal means such as email or SMS. Breaking up in person is extremely hard to do, because there are so many other components involved besides your sense of logic. All your senses are excited, and it's difficult to ignore the physical allure of your partner. By meeting up with your potential ex-boyfriend/girlfriend, it'll be very difficult to speak rationally and ignore all external influences.
From my experience as a telemarketer, it's much easier to achieve sales when you can get your body language besides your words to communicate and persuade your potential prey. Out of the hundred calls or so I make each day, I only managed to clinch 15 appointments, and even so, not all of these 15 appointments will translate into actual bank account openings. I think there are some stats about how less than half of communication is verbal; too lazy to check it out. It'd definitely be in the break uppee's favour if the break up was done in person, because he/she would be able to plead with the break upper pitifully and then the break upper would succumb because of pity and guilt, not necessarily love. By allowing yourself to be taken over emotionally, you are sentencing both of you to an unhappy relationship filled with tension and suspicion.
If the relationship was genuine and the reason for breaking up is a legitimate one, why the need to speak in person? If things really don't work out, you don't want to end up having your heart rule your head, emotions all stirred up and eventually things end up a sorrier mess than they started out with. In this case, email would be the best way to break up because there would be less emotional blockades hindering you, only hard, cold logic.
Then there's the argument that a relationship is all about feelings, which I don't agree with. It's not ALL about feelings, there are some logical aspects attached to one too. In any case, I personally believe that feelings aren't the best judge out there, so just don't let your heart rule your head and be utterly cold and ruthless when breaking up. At least it gives the break uppee an excuse to hate you for being such an unfeeling jerk, and spiteful hate definitely helps to make single life much easier to bear.
Just my two cents.
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment