Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Her story... leads to his-story.

Her story:
Work. Everyday I work. The same thing, day in, day out. It's so boring. At least my colleagues are funny. Hmm. One of them is actually quite cute. And wasn't he flirting with me yesterday? Oh shit, shit. I'm ATTACHED. Stop thinking like that, you straying bitch! Okay, I must resist, I must resist. The boyfriend's still infinitely cuter... Or is he?

Damn, am I craving for some ikura sushi or what? Funny how I never used to believe in buying those things. They're just large versions of ebiko, aren't they?


But I assure you, ikura is soo much more nicer than ebiko. For starters, they come from different animals. And ikura is so much more succulent than ebiko; with every bite, the juice comes spilling forth, saturating your palate. Ebiko is quite blah. I used to get annoyed when I couldn't bite into every single one of the tiny eggs. But with ikura, the problem no longer exists! Funny how I never bought ikura until the boyfriend came along.

Omg! Is my colleague a mind reader or what? He suddenly asks if I'd like to have Japanese for dinner! He's really trying to hit on me. Oh no, I can hardly reject him, can I? He's cute, he's got a fancy car, and he can read my mind. Any guy who can do that is amazing. I think I'll just go... But shhh, don't let the boyfriend know.

Hehehe! A new date, at long last! What fun!


His story:
He woke up from his afternoon nap, grouchy and sniffly. A clogged nose and a sore throat had bugged him the entire day, and he could do nothing more than moan and groan. Yet, despite his tortured physical state, he still thought of his girlfriend.

"She seems to be in a bad mood lately," he thought. "Maybe I'll surprise her at her workplace?"

Even though her workplace was an hour away from his home, it proved to be no barrier as he set his mind to give her a pleasant surprise after a tiring day at work. On the way there, he suddenly remembered something. "Maybe I should get her some ikura sushi. She's probably starving, and she totally digs ikura anyway." It's true, everytime he asks her if she feels like eating ikura, she'd always reply with a resounding yes. He recalled her eager responses, her grinning visage, eliciting a longing smile on his face.

With ikura sushi in hand, he cheerfully walked towards her office building. "She'd be really happy to see me, and with ikura sushi too!"

But calamity befell him. Right ahead of him, he saw his girlfriend, behaving quite intimately with this man, walking towards his car. Oblivious to him, she stepped into the stranger's car, laughing flirtatiously.

He stood there, dumbstruck. His mind was a blur. He shuffled back towards the train station, crowded with office people, yet all of them as transient as ghostly shadows, passing him as if they weren't there. Too shocked to make a controlled reaction, his feet led him towards her house. He left behind the ikura sushi at her door with a note, and left.

2 comments:

Darthsid said...

Good narrative, though.

Jin said...

darth sidious: Though what? Not bad right, my story. Heehee.