I've always fascinated over the Hot Lingo column in Sunday's Lifestyle section.
At least, it fascinates me as long as my eyes are on the page. It's full of animal pictures! I couldn't care less about animal pictures that flamboyant pet owners send in. So, with regards to this "Hot Lingo" thing. Do people actually use these phrases? It's so awfully cheesy. I've never heard any of the "Hot Lingo" being spoken. Perhaps, instead of listing noteworthy phrases, they're trying to spark off a trend. Well, as far as I can see, the trend has never gathered steam. But then, that could be attributed to the fact that I'm surrounded by a demographic that don't read the newspapers all that much.
I have decided what I wanted to be. An author! You see, as an author, I have the liberty and artistic license to write practically empty books and draw craggy illustrations and package them as "gift books", or something like that. I can draw somewhat decently; well, a couple of scratchy lines strategically arranged, and I can also think up the occasional sarcasm-laced joke that's not exclusive to my comprehension.
I wonder how the concept of products made to sold as gifts came up, anyway. Like Crabtree & Evelyn? The packaging is so pretty, it'd be a waste to buy their products and use it for myself. I don't think they bank on quality ingredients, anyway; I think they're more into packaging. Which led to my conclusion that stuff from Crabtree & Evelyn are made as gifts. I think the concept is quite strange, because personally I wouldn't give anything that I wouldn't use myself. As much as possible, that is.
Maybe I'll buy their stuff just so it'll look good in my (future home's) kitchen cabinets. Then they'll have to be glass doors, otherwise what is the point?
Have you read about the saga in Michelle Quek's blog? It's really interesting. To cut a long story short, her accidental bump into a Singaporean woman in Toa Payoh's HDB Hub area led into an entire catfight, and the woman retaliated by jabbing Michelle Quek with her umbrella and her Caucasian boyfriend punched Michelle Quek and threw her friend hard on the ground.
Fwah, super drama right? I wish I was there to witness it! Nothing wakes sleepy Singapore up than some good ol' crime action. Hohoho.
You know, I baked some more of the cookies. My brother helped, so I assigned him to the back-breaking task of mixing the ingredients. And deal with everything that comes out of the oven.
This is my hansem brother. He has
I have nothing more to say. I don't even have a lame joke to round things up.


3 comments:
GANBATEI!WE CARE !!!
joyce: Woo. Calm down, calm down.
daily read at chuahejin.blogspot.com
its my chore too ! haha :)
LO"VES
Post a Comment