I'm sorry that the picture is blur and looks awfully nondescript, but I can assure you that they're perfectly edible. More than edible; they're quite good to eat! I used the Mrs Fields Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe from Top Secret Recipes. However, I think it's a tad bit too sweet, and could be mellowed down a little. Also, I would have liked to use macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips, but the supermarket near my place is too noob to stock those. If you're keen to use the recipe, it's advisable to make them smaller than "golf-ball sized" globs, and if you do make them smaller, set the oven to seven minutes rather than ten. If you set ten minutes, you'd get something crunchier.
Every adventure in the kitchen must always be rounded off by an accident, and this is Accident of The Day.
I stupidly held the metal rack in my hands. It looked innocently cool, just lying there. But it came straight out of the oven and welts instantly formed on my fingers even though I dropped the rack on the floor in a flash. Well. Kind of painful. I'm terribly accident-prone in the kitchen.
I also made this interesting dessert.
As you can see, this is a halved orange. But wait! Is it really an orange?
I scooped out the pulp, and poured in orange-flavoured jelly, waited for it to set, then I sliced it into segments like I would an orange.
Tada! Do remember to get your two servings of fruits daily! Okay the jelly's a bit wonky, too soft.
There, doesn't it look so appetising? Hahaha. Yea it's actually kind of sick, and I'm sure the nutritional content of a natural orange would be much higher than this artificially-flavoured sugary confection. Still, I find the concept interesting. I could have blue oranges, red oranges, pink oranges. I could even use pomelo rind, lemon rind, lime rind, etc. I got the idea from here.
There, these are my adventures today. I wonder what I shall do next? Chicken liver pate? Garlic spread? Mmmm. Easy, and not much hot oil required. Heat scares me. *brrr*
Oh, here's a handy recipe when you get the hungries at night! Um, leftover rice, break an egg over it, microwave for 1 minute. Spoon some baked beans over the egg and rice, microwave for about 30 seconds.
And tada! Your very own Egg and Baked Beans Rice!


4 comments:
heyyy hejin!
i was the one who asked about the beanbag.
i'm boogled by exams now. :(
no mood to think about the design and what i want. but i'll let you know my decision by month end k.
thanks dearie!
btw, i LOVEEE That's So Raven, so the website's sucha treat! :D thanks for sharing!
evelyn: Having A's? Good luck for your exams! Don't worry about the bean bag for now. But once you let me know what you want I can assure you that you'll get it really soon!
:D
helloo once more!
i came back to check for your reply. heh.
nope, uni semester exams. :( but equally sians. lol.
thanks babe! :D
Happy belated birthday to you, Hejin!!
I was wondering what took you so long to post and then came the largest post I have seen in a while.
I think Crumpler has some beanbags as well, can check it out.
Post a Comment