Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Chinese essay on writing an essay.

Want to hear me mutilating the Chinese language? Enjoy. HAHAHA.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha.. That sounded like an oral exam!

And whether you thought you mutilated Chinese by writing or speaking it (or both), I'm most probably worse.

Evelyn said...

hellooo hejin; am your faithful blog reader. :)
did you really submit this essay to your teacher? hahahaha.
what were her comments and reaction anyway? share share!

Jin said...

emtonmi: Lol I got distinction for my Chinese oral last year! Don't know how that happened. In any case, don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure other things will make up for it.

evelyn: Thanks! You listened to everything? You must be really patient...

Yep, I really submitted this. It eventually exceeded a thousand words lah.

I was quite surprised when I didn't see her usual comments at the end of the essay. Instead, she asked me to meet her after lesson. She tried to give me a pep talk of sorts, telling me that my essays are still reasonably good because I have good ideas even though I have poor vocab, then she tried to figure out why I detested Chinese so much (Chinese and I have called a truce now), etc.

Quite a nice and understanding teacher, definitely with a sense of humour!

Anonymous said...

Thumbs up for the essay. :D

I take HCL but that's because I don't like the idea of taking Chinese in JC. I'm the kind of student who does not bother to do her Chinese homework. Can't really blame my selective memory, can I? Anyway, y teacher dubbed me "懒惰的女人" in front of the whole class. Embarrassing!

Anonymous said...

Well, I was caught in an icky situation with Chinese right from the start. I was brought up speaking English only and my parents learnt Malay as their mother tongue, so not much help from them...

And I'm Peranakan, so technically, Chinese is not my mother tongue either.

http://emtonmi.blogspot.com/2007/05/just-beacause.html

Jin said...

cheryl: I'm sure you aren't the only slacker in your class! Seems like hardly anyone genuinely likes Chinese.

emtonmi: Ooh, Peranakan? Exotic! Haha. Funny post, btw. You drew the pigs?

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I drew those pigs on Paint...

Djebel said...

dunno if you meant it seriously, but i found it to be a sincere piece of writing and dictation.