
What is 69, they asked. Then came the jibing and teasing, because Jonathan was the only guy around, so he had no choice but to bear the brunt of Hui Fang's thinly-veiled accusations.
*******
Me: Eh, my boyfriend gave me a bouquet, you know.
Xiao Shuo: FINALLY?!
HAHAH.
*******
Embarrassing encounter. I was at the SYC Ensemble concert, and I thought I saw my ex. After much deliberation and egging on by the current, I said, "hey" with a big nervous grin plastered on my face. Then I realised he was the wrong guy! Well, haven't seen the ex for ages, you see.
The dude looked surprised, yet pleasant enough to entertain any queries from this weird psycho chick who may possibly be a stalker. I could almost see the transition of his expression from surprise to one of polite patronisation, and curiousity. After uttering that monosyllable, I made a 180-degree turn and shuffled away as quickly as I could. Hahaha. Summore that guy was with another guy. Mebbe they're gay.
*******
I was talking to Vivien about emotion as a way of knowing. Vivien is a very nice girl who tends to be random. :D
Emotion is an unreliable way of knowing because emotions can be easily induced by hormonal changes. We all know the temporary effects of chocolate, sugar, caffeine, whatnot. Emotion just fluctates too much to be depended upon. What you learn/do via emotion may not necessarily be correct. People do stupid things under the influence of emotion. How can you trust something as volatile as emotion?
Then Vivien said something to the effect of emotion being the impetus of acquiring any knowledge, because if you didn't feel like learning anything, you wouldn't be proactive about acquiring knowledge. You have to want to do it, and you have to feel like doing it. Sorry if I warped what you said, Vivien, don't exactly remember very well.
Well, that's not really the point. I just happened to come across someone who claims to staunchly believe that emotion should never precede anything else when it comes to making decisions, but she has obviously done some regrettable things under the influence of unbridled emotion. The point is, never contradict yourself. Unless the person in question made the abovementioned statement in a fit of emotion...
I'm starting to think about how people make rational decisions under the influence of emotion. It happens, but rarely do they stick by what they say. They just say it, you know.
Okay, I'm just anal about saying what you mean and meaning what you say. And words have to translate into actions, otherwise just shut your trap and don't further devalue your dependability by promising to keep your promises.
Now, that has a pretty nice ring to it. I think that promising to keep your promises shouldn't have to happen, because the whole point of making promises is to keep them, isn't it? So you shouldn't have to promise to keep your promises cos you should already be keeping your promises without having to promise to keep them! Then you could promise to keep your promises to keep your promises to keep your promises to keep your promises...
Well, you get the gist lah, hor.


No comments:
Post a Comment