I wonder who came up with the spelling "phlegm". It sounds nothing like the real word! Maybe because if you enunciate every single consonant in the word, especially stressing the 'g', it sort of sounds like the hacking sound you make when you attempt to dispel phlegm.
fffffff-lehhh-ggggggg (you sort of try to pretend you're preparing a spitball, like those uncles do) - mmmm (when you purse your lips to increase projectile force) then PUI!
So they spelt the word according to how spitting out phlegm sounded like.
Anyway I have this gigantic load of phlegm in my throat. I sometimes I wish I could pluck it out with an extra-long tweezer, because the phlegm would be so viscous it'd come out in one solid gooey clump anyway.
My math tutor just stresses me out. The bloody old fart. God, I need a new tutor. But I think a new tutor wouldn't save me. What I need now is a stroke of brilliance. This is total crap, man. I've done almost the entire promo package (except for AP & GP, Sequences & Series and MI because, in my tutor's words, "You really don't know how to count ah" and differential equations because I figured that every question is different so it wouldn't help me since they could ask something wildly different), yet I was at a loss when he bombarded me with seemingly easy questions. No, it's not even seemingly easy, it IS easy. I'm just scrooooooed.
I am beyond hope. My math is beyond dire. It is also completely justified for me to say so. You see, if I were someone like Vivien and started moaning about getting U for KI when she got something like 83 for common tests, you have all the right in the world to ignore me. But I got a bloody U for Math for common tests so of course I can whine all I like and you must of course pay me all the attention in the whole wide WORLD.
I'm just bullshitting, really.
I sort of need to get back to refreshing my head with formulas, after clearing the debris which is ECONS. OMG what a frikkin' waste of space, Econs is. AGH MATH LITERATURE. Eh. Actually it's not that much to complain about. I'll be FREE soon enough! Free!
Oh ya today's Chinese paper was damn interesting lah. The comprehension passages were both about life, can you believe it. The first one was about how life is a stage. Okay, we've all heard that one. However, those that only ape the main characters are mere shadows. Those that play a small role will take centre stage during their performance as long as they were genuine to themselves. People who wear masks in the course of life to face different groups of people are not truly living. Every play has tragedy and comedy. It all depends on the perspective of the viewer. Same for our lives. We must die happy when departing the stage. Ok that was a direct translation that I only vaguely remember.
Then later, like was likened to a melody. Every melody has rhythm and harmony and ups and downs and whatnot. Therefore, life must also have variation, then only can it truly be called life. A piece of music without variations cannot really be called music, and a work of art without its characteristic strokes of colour isn't truly a work of art. In music, there are also pauses (I've absolutely no idea what you call those pauses though.) This is representative of the obstacles we face in life. However, we must not give up in the face of adversity, as it will only usher in more exciting things to come. Like how the music after a pause becomes more upbeat and lively and stuff, you know.
So when we face problems, we must trudge on, and continue waving the conductor's stick in rejoice of our lives!
Something like that. It's mostly a direct translation, you know.
It's pretty enlightening. I tell you the Chinese composition is also very interesting. I did the one on environmental conservation. We were supposed to raise an example of how an attempt to conserve the environment resulted in further degradation of the environment. I mentioned the "I'm Not A Plastic Bag" thing. Like, the designer had a genuine intention of spreading environmental awareness, but due to people's blind desire to follow trends, this resulted in over-proliferation of imitation bags which is sure to contribute to pollution due to lax quality control.
I actually managed to put that down in Chinese. Sort of, you know. Kind of. Ha Ha Ha. I think I had residual Econs in my head. Negative externalities, yada yada yada.
You know my down button on the keyboard is spoilt? It's fucking annoying can. I used to just type the first letter of websites in the URL box thingy and then I can just scroll down using the down button. NOW I CAN'T. SHIT EVEN THE UP BUTTON IS NOT WORKING. MY BROTHER AND HIS STUPID SOLDER FRONT!
I'm kind of in the mood where I'll be quite amiably chatty because I'm high. I have no idea what I'm high on. Not drugs. Only took one Panadol in the morning to numb my bloody feverish headache. I think I'm just high on... STRESS. Whatsit. Adrenaline. Adrenaline rush. Yes. Blood vessels dilate, heart pumps faster, pupils dilate, whatsit whatsit. Fight or flight. THIS IS 'O' LEVEL BIOLOGY.
LA!
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Phlegm should be spelled as flem. Ha.
I had my Chinese composition exam & it was horrible 'cos I didn't know how to write Dengue Fever in Chinese & my dictionary isn't very efficient...
Anyway, get well soon. (:
cheryl: Oh my dictionary is very helpful! I went to check "wen zi", then they elaborated on the kind of diseases that mosquitoes spread and I think they mentioned dengue fever! Haha.
Thank you, I am getting better!
Post a Comment