Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Monday, July 9, 2007

Overpriced Oreo Chocolate Bar.

I had a craving for chocolate. Maybe it's just a prelude to the chocolate making course tomorrow... Mmmm. After combing the aisles, I still couldn't find something remotely palatable yet affordable, because I didn't want to splurge too much on a mere craving. Kit Kat? Not chocolatey enough. Snickers? Too nutty for a chocolate craving. M&Ms? Yucks. Cadbury? Too rich. Kinder Bueno? Ehh... it used to cost only one dollar. It's $1.20. I'm cheap. -.-

Then, I saw this!


Oreo Chocolate Bar! It looked kinda cool and I've never seen it before, so I decided to give it a try. And guess what? Only at the cash register did I find out it was six bucks, and it was too late to back out. It doesn't look worth six bucks, does it? It looks like it'll only cost two to three dollars! I mentally slapped myself and vowed never to buy this again (unless I have superfluous cash), and always check prices before purchasing anything. This looked harmless, but little did I know it would cost so much...


This is how one out of the fourteen bars look like.


This is how it looks like unwrapped.


This is how it looks like half-bitten.

Well, the chocolate is considerably more chocolatey than I expected, cos I expected it to be of Oreo Wafer Sticks' consistency. It's quite tasty actually, because of the crunchy bits in the mini bar, but I think the price is a little too steep. But it is a Japanese product, so I suppose the price could be excused...

Each mini bar has 53 calories. Which is entirely crazy. It's so easy to finish everything in one sitting! I intended to run, but my mum had to tempt me with dinner. I even had my socks on! Bugger.

Xiaxue recently asked her readers which of these three topics would they most like her to blog about.

1) True love story of how Mike and I got together
2) Pre-photoshop pre-nose-job pictures exposed!! The Real Xiaxue
3) Top 5 most disgusting bloggers in the Singaporean Blogosphere

Most people picked 3, then 1, and the least 2. This says a few things.

1. "You've already had surgery, it doesn't really matter how you used to look."
2. "I already know you look ugly so it makes no difference."

No comments: