One of those statements that is immune to doubt is "I am a damn good liar."
If you take the statement at face value; yes, it means that the speaker is a damn good liar. However, if you take it one step further and think: "If he is a damn good liar, he could be lying about this." (Which utterly confounds you, because if he is lying that he is a damn good liar, it means he isn't actually a damn good liar. But... it contradicts!) In any case, he's still lying. This may not be the first time you've come across this statement, as I believe that it can be found in certain philosophy books on thought experiments, but it was the first time it's been said to me and I'm still reeling from the repercussions. Don't know what to do, don't know what to believe.
Buses have been thwarting my life. Just yesterday, I fell asleep on the bus, and I only awoke when the bus was at my stop. Still groggy, I took in my surroundings and a wave of realisation hit me. I muttered "shit" and zipped down the bus. It's very uncharacteristic of me to miss stops just because I overslept, and I don't know how yesterday happened. Fatigue isn't a good excuse. And today, I saw an aircon single-deck and double-deck 154 zoom past me. Fortunately the next bus came not long after, otherwise I'd have spent the entire morning cursing at my misfortune.
It always agitates me when a crafty endeavour doesn't work out according to plan. It bugs me for a good part of my waking hours, and haunts me when I'm asleep.
The sexuality education workshop yesterday was amusing to say the least. I said this: Dating is like a rollercoaster. There are ups and downs, and when the ride breaks down or gets mundane, you just hop onto another one.
Oh, after a single wash, half the glitter on the denim skirt has washed off. A good part of it has transferred onto my pants. Annoying. When I saw the skirt (which isn't half as resplendent as before), a thought crossed my mind: "When life has lost its sparkle, you still gotta keep living until you wear out." How utterly depressing.
I've gotta head to SIR to renew passport photo later. I don't think I look like I did when I was six. I'm going to New York on the 26th! :D It'll just be me and my little brother travelling halfway across the world, cos my mom doesn't fancy NY much. My sister would be taking us around, and according to her we'd be doing all kinds of fun things. I am mainly interested in shopping, though. I wanna buy:
Running shoes
Flip-flops
Underwear
Shades
Bikini
Cute ballet flats, hopefully the Chanel-inspired sort which is patent leather with a black toe-cap
Wallet
Other assorted stuff
I'm a little afraid of having to travel alone and navigate a foreign airport (plus I gotta tow along a burden of a little brother), but I suppose it's time for me to grow up a little.
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment