Apparently, people choose to confide in me because I give "delightful insight". I suppose its times like these when being opinionated is a bonus, because some people want more than a listening ear. Apparently counsellors aren't meant to tell you what to do; they're supposed to coax the solutions out of you by asking the right questions. When you don't want to talk to a brick wall, I guess some subjective feedback is necessary for providing just that little bit of guidance and direction to nudge the lost sheep out there.
An acquaintance was confiding in me, and she said she doesn't enjoy talking to her psychiatrist because he just smiles and nods in response. You'd expect the slightest hint of an eyebrow raise if you were spilling something so appalling, right? But no, he's so numb and detached, the shock factor doesn't come into play anymore.
*******
Coming to JC has led me to shed my cold and aloof persona. Initially, I felt a little out of sorts, as if I had lost myself. But now, I'm so used to slipping on that mask when I'm in school that the suffocating nature of it doesn't bother me anymore. However, I still maintain that it's better to be regarded as cold and unapproachable than warm and friendly.
Firstly, people don't expect too much ofyou, and you can pleasantly surprise them when you're just slightly nice. Secondly, it makes your niceness exclusive and much more valuable, so if you're nice to someone, he/she will know that it's out of genuine goodwill and that you like the aforementioned person enough to want to be nice. Thirdly, it helps to keep off the unworthy ones undeserving of your attention. If someone attempts to talk to you despite your show of indifference, it shows that he/she can be bothered enough to.
All that was to let you into the psyche of those weird screwed-up loners you see around. Now you have the glimmerings of why anti-social people behave the way they do. There are countless of reasons behind the way we function, and these are just a sampling.
You know I have this awful sore throat and I don't particularly feel like talking or moving. I yelled myself hoarse watching the NJ versus MJ match. And all I want to do now is shrivel up and feel sorry for myself. *groans*
Holy shit I'm amazed at myself for understanding Transformation despite not having formally done the e-lesson. All I need now is practice. But I'm a darn lazy bum. And I haven't done/revised Econs nor Math nor Chinese nor Lit (Yes I have read till Chapter 23 of Great Expectations but I don't think I fully comprehended the first ten). I am such a bloody slacker.
But I want to sleep too. Ok I don't sleep I go do Econs, later she give me puppy-dog look make me feel bad.
OH YA. Yenzi overheard Mr Teo and Mrs Ong talking about me! Mr Teo is my current Math tutor, and Mrs Ong is my PAE Math tutor and current civics tutor. Oh man, I wonder what I ever did to get in their bad books. I'm such an attentive student. I just always have a blank piece of paper in front of me.
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment