Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Friday, April 20, 2007

JC is meant to screw you upside down.

JC is this horrible scheme designed to make us feel small. Firstly, by letting us be admitted into a junior college, we're given a cheap thrill because we are led to think that we are the nation's cream of the crop, in such an exclusive institution. While we're still on a high, we're overloaded with tonnes of schoolwork that has absolutely no relation to whatever we onced mugged our asses off for.

From there, everything goes downhill. The self-deprecation sets in.

"I feel so dumb. I don't understand anything at all. I thought I was bright, being one of the best students in school and all."

Lessons hurl at the speed of light; just when you thought you're beginning to get a glimmer of comprehension, the teachers throw something completely new and perplexing and you and you're back to square one again. Being a noob is never appealing.

You begin to doubt your capabilities, and you start to think if JC was really the right choice for you. Second thoughts and hesitations swirl around in your head.

"I could be doing better elsewhere. Maybe some funky design course where there are cool funky guys."

I guess this is what I get for wanting to bask in the prestige of a big pond; I'll just have to be a small fish. :(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The A levels will be the toughest exams you will ever need to take. No worries, I spend most of my jc days failing exams, common test, etc and i have planted ass at the bottom of the class. No worries, it all works out.

heartw|sh* said...

*patpat* hope it gets better for you. when i was in jc, i failed all the way. i even got BEO for prelims, but did decently for A's. when you are in a big pond, you can't possibly go very wrong, unless you really screw up.