Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Rojak.

Suggest ways in which a person's religious beliefs may affect their understanding of the following areas of knowledge. (science, history, the arts, ethics)

What is the relationship between faith and reason? Is it mutually exclusive and antagonistic?

I feel like beating myself up at my complete inability to get started on these brain-busting questions. Shit.

Funny Thai facial foam ads
via Jian Hao. What's with the rebonded jet-black locks look? It makes me want to do a Natalie Portman, just to be rebellious.

Check this out. Her body is damn hot, can? I don't care for her face and the jet-black rebonded hair, but her body is damn good lah. (She looks like an SJ senior Yee Kian.) I generally disapprove of chicks putting up photos in bikinis, but if you have a body that good, then go right ahead. Such photos are just magnets for criticism. I think a defined pelvis looks nice, grotesque as that may sound. Her waist is enviably small. But I think guys dig fleshier chicks, as concluded from my experience. That cute guy is bordering on scrawny, and his girlfriendl was in TAF club, is in TAF club, and at the rate she's going, will probably forever be in TAF club. Injustice! Okay HUSH, Me.

I am an INTJ. I read the personality profile of my complete opposite, ESFP, and realised I generally feel discomfitted around such people. And these "jokers" have to constitute 13 percent of the population. No wonder I'm so miserable. Ha.

Mates

There is an affinity of the INTJ "scientist" for the ESFP exciting entertainer. This type of mating, however, is so infrequent as to be a mere academic interest (the INTJ is a mere 1 percent of the population and, furthermore, rarely comes in contact with ESFP).

ishallnotattempttoaskanybodyoutforevermorerejectionsuxsuxsuxxxx.

I've got such a flair for being melodramatic when I'm down in the dumps. Amazing tool to have. I can make my situation appear much worse than it really is.

Something scary happened while I was in the shower. I was soaping myself up, when I rubbed my face. Suddenly, my vision was blurred. My eye felt strangely sore when I blinked, and I suspected that one of my contact lenses had fallen off. True enough, the one on my left eye wasn't on my iris anymore. But it was still on my eye; I could feel it. It had swum over to a remote corner of my eye, if an eyeball can be said to have a corner since it's a sphere.

I inspected my eye in a mirror, and nowhere was the contact lens in sight. I panicked. My eye was turning red, and it was starting to tear. I don't want the contact lens to end up on the other side of my eye; that'd be so gross. I ran my eye under water, and after many attempts did it surface back up on my iris again.

I removed both lenses as quick as I could, only to find the right one stuck firmly onto my eyeball. It refused to budge! I pinched and pinched and pinched, and wondered how come people can bear to insert foreign objects into their eyes, leave it there for a good part of the day, and mistreating the eyeball just to get it out again. Finally, the lens came out and I heaved a great sigh of relief. Turning blind is gonna be no easy ride for someone who is as visually stimulated as I am.

Sucks being myopic and so heavily dependent on glasses. I know a lot of people think the idea of jabbing your eyeball is gross. It is. Blame it on vanity.

It is said that if you're in a JC, you're already in the top 10% of the population. Which is a comforting thought, but not so comforting when you consider the number of people in junior colleges too. It's not a big deal to be up there when so many others are there too.

I finished reading Sophie's World after skipping about half of it, because that half was dreary talk about the history of philosophy, and all I really wanted to know was how the story would end. I was very tempted to just flip to the back of the book, but instead I went through all the trouble of flipping the pages till I got to the back, reading whatever that caught my eye. Ha, I just read the review on Amazon and look what it says.

Many readers, regardless of their age, may be tempted to skip over the lessons, which aren't well integrated with the more interesting and unusual metafictional story line.

Oh dear, I've succumbed to the lure of not reading the book in its entirety. *shrugs* I'll just read it again, when I have the time. I think I should let you all in on a little secret. I bought Annie Proulx's Brokeback Mountain book because I was crazy over the movie then. Up to this day, I've only read Brokeback Mountain among the other short stories, and the writing is so absymal. The story was so unriveting and bland, I am amazed the person who produced the film had such a positive interpretation of that dull short story. I did try to read the other stories, but it was extremely reader-unfriendly.

Anyway, there was an interesting quote in the book.

"If our brains were simple enough to understand, we'd be too stupid to understand it."

That is pretty genius. Think about it.

I was watching MTV just now. Wow, it was a droolfest. Cribs is a show where rich and famous celebrities invite MTV to their houses and let us poor fucks revel in imagined luxury. Their bathrooms are THAT big, and a swimming pool is a prerequisite to every celebrity's home. Not to mention their entertainment rooms, private cinemas, gymnasiums, sauna rooms, hot tubs, jacuzzi, etc. I almost hyperventilated.

The smallest "crib" was one owned by a Greek football player, and even so his house is expensive enough. He has a very interesting chandelier in his sitting room. It's just one big lightbulb encircled by three progressively smaller tiers of hanging magnifying glasses. I like contemporary takes on the vintage chandelier. Absolutely charming, seamless integration of old and new, that kind of thing.

Then I watched My Super Sweet Sixteen. A pampered, spoilt brat of a girl gets to throw an extravagant birthday bash. Quote: "Everything has to be perfect. If it isn't, I'll just freak out." Like it's the end of the world if she accidentally revealed her buttcrack while showing off some slick dance moves in her super low-cut electric blue vinyl pants. Then this slut of a kid got a Jaguar from her parents as a birthday gift. Like, what the hell? How lavish.

The media glorifies money and status to such a great extent, huh. Especially trashy channels like MTV. I wanna be rich and famous, live in an enormous house with fireplaces everywhere, shaggy white carpets, and six million cushions on my bed that will all end up on the floor anyway.

5 comments:

A said...

Suggest ways in which a person's religious beliefs may affect their understanding of the following areas of knowledge. (science, history, the arts, ethics)

What is the relationship between faith and reason? Is it mutually exclusive and antagonistic?

----

Erm, I think it is talking about how religion,faith, impacts science and reason?

ok it sounds like a complete copy of the two questions. Nvm.

I think it wants you to talk about issues such as creationists and evolution? how evolution is regarded as science while creation is psuedo-science?No idea..

Erm, but in the first place, evolution is too faith, isn't it? Because no one really saw what happened and can only look upon evidence as signs that it really happened.

Yea, and you can talk about catholics and stuff. How sometimes they blindly follow the pope? Reason? Something like that...

Like in Islam,the stone in mecca in which they all pray towards was supposedly put there by Abraham (i think) but according to Christianity, it couldn't be. Coz he couldn't have gone there in the first place. Something like that, I recall. History? hahahahaha.

Forgive me if the facts aren't right, coz I've read all these quite a while ago. Its a sorta complilation of what I've read.

Maybe some religions are more modest and conservative than others, which permeates their ideas of nude art.. Yeap.

Thats all i could think of, hope it helped you in some way. muhahahahaha (so not evil laughter!)

Jin said...

mytableisafirehazard: Damn. You could have dropped me an email. Now all my classmates are gonna take that information, refine it better than I can and leave me wallowing beneath their upturned noses. Gah!

But thanks anyway. :D

R said...

I just got contact lenses a week ago. And still need my sister to guide me to put them into my eye. Umm, you're not supposed to bathe with you lenses by the way.

Jin said...

rameza: Lol. I even nap with mine.

marasme said...

It's people like you that makes people wonder at the state of our JCs: that someone with such a poor grasp of the english language and of literature could possibly enter an apparently prestigious junior college such as you currently attend.