Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Poetry-poultry. Lyrical avian creatures.

Ner's in TJ with Wing Yee, Jess is remaining in VJ, and Erica has headed to RJ. Aww. I wanna see all of us in our new uniforms. Think it'll be funky.

When I saw the second intakers walking apprehensively towards the school building (as I had done the first day of school), I felt like jumping in their faces and yelling:

"Wassup, NOOBS!!"

It was just a thought that crossed my mind, you know. They all looked so vulnerable and fish-out-of-water-ish. I didn't actually plan on materialising that wild flight of fantasy. But I think their reaction would be something worth watching. To prepare for the first day of being a formal student of National Junior College, I shaved. It's quite strange, but because I'm not a very religious shaver, I usually shave when I'm at some kind of turning point in my life. Or before a date. Something like that.

I'm really filthy now. I tend to develop an aversion to water after getting dirty on the field. After soccer training, the girls camwhored. 'Twas quite fun. I realised soccer's gonna take up a lot of my time. Oh well. I'm fat as hell anyway. Might as well.

I can't believe I used to entertain thoughts of being a President's Scholar or NJC's Student of the Year. It's a damn joke. I'm no model student. Anyway, I was feeling spiteful and angry and bitchy last night, so I did this little thing which I call a painting-story. I am perfectly fine now though. I must have gotten out all that hatefulness out of my system already.

Did this poem during Literature today.

The End of the World

Quite unexpectedly as Vasserot
The armless ambidextrian was lighting
A match between his great and second toe
And Ralph the lion was engaged in biting
The neck of Madame Sossman while the drum
Pointed, and Teeny was about to cough
In waltz-time swinging Jocko by the thumb
Quite unexpectedly the top blew off:

And there, there overhead, there, there hung over
Those thousands of white faces, those dazed eyes
There in the starless dark, the poise, the hover
There with vast wings across the cancelled skies
There in the sudden blackness the black pall
Of nothing, nothing, nothing -- nothing at all.

Do you get any of it? If you look beyond all the literary techniques and just try to focus on the subject, what can you come up with? I thought of something mind-numbingly simple yet fits perfectly.

There's a circus performance going on (first stanza). The electricity got cut off and the lights are out (second stanza). That's it! No need to think about the devastating impact on the end of the world and all that emo bullshit. The electricity got cut off. Easy as pie. If you didn't see the connection then you'll see it now.

Oh I took the liberty to write a poem of my own.

The Battle

Upright and erect they stand
Commanding a formidable power
Lo and behold, watch!
Their gleaming badges issue a blinding sparkle
Armed at the ready, forward they charge

But the Terror looms
Raging and storming, his fury epidemic
Ensnaring fertility, tears and bloodshed ensue
His ravaging trail left craters in humanity

The heroes concede defeat
Tired to the bone, their valour drained
Retiring into recesses
Vowing never to fight again, as shames enshrouds them
He slumps in a corner, half the man he once was.


It may appear to be very deep and thought-provoking but actually my original intent was of a highly superficial nature.

6 comments:

Vampish Fairy said...

heh, have you ever thought of those nj ip kids jumping and yelling "Wassup noobs!?!?!" at the bunch of jc yr 1 ppl?

Jin said...

vampish fairy: No, I've never thought of that.

Jane Doe said...

hi, i came across this website on your blog quite some time ago....it's somethingsomething.org- features arts and sewing and the likes... by any chance do you still remember the url? thanks (:

Jin said...

lynnette: It's craftster.org :)

Anonymous said...

thanks! :D

Jin said...

Oh. Lynnette and Adele's the same person. Right.