Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Unreality.

I am a big fan of The Sims game. Things it implies:
  • I have a god complex
  • I love micro-managing things to the last detail
  • I have a need to escape into some kind of hyperreality
I guess what I like most about the game is how it simplifies and compartmentalises life, so it makes thinking about real life a lot easier. It's useful for drawing analogies and making comparisons, so if a social interaction occurs in The Sims, I can preempt a real-life response by drawing connections. Weak imitation of real life, of course, but it's the best I can draw upon.

In this list of classic Disney animated movies, I watched almost nothing except for Mulan, and that's not even really Disney princess-y. Gosh I had such a deprived childhood. Now I'm way too old to be catching up on these movies that perpetuate childish dreams of happily ever after. Do you think it might be a reason why I have less of a princess complex than most chicks out there?

No comments: