
This is Clarke Quay. See those phallic structures on the right? Those tower cranes are for the reverse bungee and extreme swing rides. One time I sat at the bottom of those cranes and hung out till dawn after clubbing. It was a pretty wild night. My parents went beserk when I got back home at 7 am. I don't know if my mother was more impressed or horrified that I was out again by 9 am.

The moving blur is a bunch of people getting hurled into the air over a river. I'd sit by the river and my eyes would follow the metal cages go up and down, left and right. We'd talk about all sorts of things. We'd talk about giving the reverse bungee a try, but we're mostly too scaredy/cheap to try it out.

The cool building you see on the left is the Esplanade. It's Singapore's performing arts center. I like this spot - many intense conversations have transpired here too. Had a couple of first dates at this place too. That's the problem, but also the good thing about having a limited number of places to go on dates to. If I keep going to the same place with different people, my previous bad memories will be overwritten with new ones.

A half-built Integrated Resort, Singapore's next big tourist attraction. They're going to charge locals a levy of $100 or so to enter, though, but only for locals. This is to deter addictive gambling. Don't want broken families or unproductive blue-collar workers marring our socioeconomic landscape.

This is the bridge at Tanjong Rhu. It was a 20 minute walk from school, so sometimes we'd head here after school to chill out. This place is awesome for quiet time with people. It's in the heart of a rich residential estate where public transportation is not as convenient, so foot traffic is pretty low. Sometimes people come here to fish. Or have picnics. Or just make out.

Kallang River from Serangoon Road. Was supremely pissed off one night, and hoofed it home after having beancurd for supper. Saw this pretty view and had to snap a photo of it.


This is a playground just across the street from my house. It is the view from the top of the playground's spider web. It's not particularly high, but I never dared to scale to the very top despite having had the structure literally outside my house for a good four years or so. Sometimes I'd have people come over at 3, 4 in the morning, and because I couldn't let them into my house we'd hang out here. Normally I'd be so tired that we'll just lie on the rubbery ground and look up into the starry night sky. It's pretty uncomfortable, though. But romantic all the same.

This is a view of the sunset from the porch of my house. I really like the colours.
I miss spending time with someone whose company I enjoy. Be it a close friend or a romantic partner, I miss feeling a strong connection with someone. I miss rivers. Maybe I should take an amble down the Hudson some time. But it's not going to be the same.


No comments:
Post a Comment