Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Listening

In all honesty, life is pretty awesome now. I just spent my Friday evening watching a free movie premiere of Whip It, Drew Barrymore's directorial debut. The news was disseminated to the film students and eventually filtered to us non-film students. Awesome opportunities abound in this amazing city; I am reassured that I am indeed truly happier to be here. I've just received a drunken booty call, which is kinda funny yet annoying because he at first said he was bored and had nothing to do, and then a few hours later told me he was piss-drunk and happened to be outside my dorm and wanted to "go out". Fuck, the dude didn't even ask me if I wanted to go drink with him. If you want booty you gotta work for it, asshole.

I'm watching American Beauty and it's a pretty fucked movie. Sociopaths, homoeroticism, pedophilia, obsessive-compulsiveness, murder, dysfunctional families - it's like all the macabre shit that goes on beneath the veneer of a regular American family. Even the title of the movie sounds innocuous enough. Actually, if you think about it, the title is ironic because the people portrayed in the movie seem to have a beautiful and perfect life, but they all have some form of neurosis. Jesus, this movie is morbid.

Today, this Canadian chick was saying "Who's got the picture of the magazine?" This dude went "Say that again?" and she did. He then imitated her Canadian way of saying "magazine" and she retorted with a weak "Shut up." Canadians say it like may-gazine.

I think I'm cussing a lot more and using a lot more slang too. Negative influence from liberal Westerners! What am I going to do! My English is getting corrupted! I am mildly fearful that when I return back home next year, everyone's going to think I've lost my roots because I speak like a chao angmoh now.

I miss you, Erica and Jason!

No comments: