I always wondered what would happen if I asked a call center operator an entirely irrelevant question, like, "You must be bored out of your guts doing this all day long. Tell me, honestly, how many idiots do you wish you could strangle at your job?" It's interesting to imagine things from their perspective, right? While we are self-righteous, irate and demanding customers, they are supposed to be tireless service providers at the ready. But call center operators are people too, even if they are underpaid and overworked computer technicians in India.
12:28:07 AM Customer hejin
can i delete the downloads once they are installed?
12:28:32 AM Customer hejin
trying to reduce memory taken up on the hard disk - should i delete windows.old?
12:28:55 AM Agent LIBg_Karla Mae_195842
Yes you could do that.
12:29:18 AM Customer hejin
that's yes to both questions, right
12:29:45 AM Agent LIBg_Karla Mae_195842
Yup. :)
12:30:13 AM Customer hejin
awesome. you're a lot better than the last dell support person i chatted with
12:30:17 AM Customer hejin
thank you
12:32:35 AM Agent LIBg_Karla Mae_195842
I am glad to hear that. :) But now, you will have to reboot the system for it to detect all the drivers Hejin.
12:32:45 AM Agent LIBg_Karla Mae_195842
And that will disconnect you to me.
12:33:00 AM Agent LIBg_Karla Mae_195842
I could not call you back since we do not have access for call outs.
12:33:34 AM Customer hejin
okay sure
12:33:45 AM Agent LIBg_Karla Mae_195842
But if you need further concerns, you could just email me to the summary email that I will send you later.
12:34:15 AM Agent LIBg_Karla Mae_195842
If I was not able to reply asap, it means that I have not gotten yet your email/
12:34:26 AM Agent LIBg_Karla Mae_195842
Is there anything else I could do to help you now?
12:34:31 AM Customer hejin
that is all
12:34:33 AM Customer hejin
thank you!
12:34:45 AM Agent LIBg_Karla Mae_195842
You are welcome. :)
12:34:56 AM Agent LIBg_Karla Mae_195842
Are you satisfied with the service I have provided you today?
12:35:09 AM Customer hejin
quite
12:36:21 AM Agent LIBg_Karla Mae_195842
Thank you for choosing Dell. Have a great one! :)
She was really patient with me the entire time. The last person I spoke to was curt and unhelpful. He told me I needed to "reboot OS and delete partitions", and when I asked how, he linked me to www.windowsreinstall.com and basically asked me to do it myself. If I could I wouldn't have to talk to a Dell Support agent, right? And while it is clear that "Thank you for choosing Dell" is a standard phrase that is mandatory, she tagged on smiley faces. And we all know how smiley faces add a personal touch to an otherwise impersonal conversation. Isn't she sweet and sincere? She even went the extra mile to offer me her help if I need it again. Whoever Karla Mae is, I hope I made her day.
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment