Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Multi-coloured psychadelia.

Photobucket
Interesting. [Link]

These beautiful kicks were simply lust at first sight. I was quite tempted to buy another pair, since they came in black, turquoise, magenta and purple as well, but after an internal battle, decided against it. I don't need two pairs of the same shoe, right? I might need t-shirts, tank dresses, tank tops and bras in black and white, but I don't need the same shoe in turquoise and magenta - or do I?

Photobucket
Damn I can't even take a sharp photo.


Even though it looks a little bare, I am convinced that it is a modern, minimalist, deconstructed, feminised version of the traditional oxford. The first time I wore it out, the weather took a turn for the worse. Every single drop of acid-laced rain that splattered on my shoe gave me heartbreak. Will resolve not to wear cream shoes in bad climate and poor terrain. Oh, these are from Schu. I just realised that I can polish them... I will make use of my uniformed group training and give these the rubdown they need!

I also got a long-awaited haircut from Essensuals, which is currently located in the spanking new Orchard Central. I switched to senior stylist Marcus from director Warren because Marcus's rates are cheaper; I must say you get what you pay for, though. Marcus put a shitload of clay into my hair when he was styling it and I'm not sure I can ever wash it all off. I've never had hair this short, and I feel a little uncomfortable about it.


I christen this my butch haircut. It is freshly washed, unstyled and finger-combed, and my face is bare too. I guess the haircut could look better if I did more to it. Meanwhile I'll try my best to adapt. While my hair was plastered to my scalp for the glossing treatment, it struck me that I actually have a pretty decent head shape and I could pull off going bald.

I did a few things for the first time. Shisha, among other things. Overrated, no? Then lepaked and drank out of disposable paper cups. Omg, what a lepak, bummer lifestyle. I hope this doesn't become a habit. I'm starting to even use words like "lepak". This is not good!

I had dinner with HH at Cafe Cartel. It was one of the more enjoyable dinners I've had of late. I felt like my old (smart) self. Didn't feel like a piece of flesh with a couple of pleasure-giving orifices. We discussed our futures and our personalities - so junior college! Yea, a few months before this I wouldn't have understood what it meant to be so "JC", but now I do. Maybe it would be more useful if I differentiated our interaction as "so elite JC!" Sometimes I like behaving as if I'm elite, because it gives me an excuse to scorn the underlings who have scorned me. Elitism is balm for the ego!

No comments: