Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ladies' man

You know a guy is used to treating girls nice by the little things he does. It's not just about opening the door for her or footing the bill - that's a standard that even the worst dating noobs are aware of. Walking on the side of the incoming traffic when crossing the road, offering to hold her bag if she wants to try on clothing, tries to keep her entertained in a situation unfamiliar to her, actually bothers to look nice when he meets her (shave, trim nose hair, uses cologne, be clean) - stuff like that. Guys who aren't used to being around girls don't know these little tricks. And being a girl, I can tell if a guy is used to being nice to girls or not, or if he even hangs out much with girls at all.

I completely resent the mentality that girls are only good for tagging along, or worse, just sex. Guys like these think that girls should be elated enough that they get to be within a 2m radius from him. There was this guy, who playfully rebuked me for refusing to meet him anywhere else but in town, because I didn't want to watch him in a soccer match. He is also implying that I am a money sucker who only likes being taken out to fancy places. Fuccckkkkk lah. This is a prime example of a guy not used to treating girls nice. The bloody soccer match is in Pasir Ris. I am not going to frikkin' travel to Pasir Ris to sit around and watch some sweaty men chase after a ball. There is only so much a woman is willing to do for a man she isn't madly in love with.

Guys who treat girls like the human beings that they are understand that girls are good for offering an opinion from a different angle. I've asked some guys why they sometimes prefer female company, and they say it's because it's typically hard for guys to talk to each other about emo stuff. It's uncool and unmanly. Girls are better at talking about feelings and will offer emotional support to the heartbroken man. I think the thing about most male groups is that they revolve around a common activity like computer games or sports. They discuss their respective activity, and that's as far as their interaction goes. Activity partners. Kinda superficial IMO, but that's the Y chromosome for you.

So what happens to guys who only hangs out with guys? They don't open up and aren't very expressive, and they will always treat girls like pussies on pedestals or pussies to conquer. And because they don't open up, they don't get to see what girls are really good for. Too bad, I guess.

Disclaimer: Girls are not just good for being agony aunts... but for simplicity of argument I will leave it at that.

No comments: