Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A list of cool things

Moleskine notebooks
Starbucks coffee
Baybeats
SLRs
lomographs
Macbooks
homegrown ice cream shops
Indie music (I have to be vague about this, because my knowledge is zilch)
Firefox

Anything else you want to add to the list?

********

1. Does everybody want to write a book, or what? That's it. I don't think I want to write a book now. What could I write about, anyway? The thing about people who enjoy reading is that books are written by people who enjoy writing, and since people are narcissistic, the protagonists typically are journalists/writers, and this makes the average reader feel like wanting to pen a book too. Funny how movies are less self-referential; they don't typically have aspiring filmmakers as protagonists.
2. I was actually surrounded by really smart people in secondary school; I just didn't know it.
3. I miss being a Literature student, where we shredded literary works to pieces to seek meaning, as if it made a difference. We analysed not so much as a means to an end but just for the pure fun of it.
4. I miss having intellectual conversations.

No comments: