Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Some resolutions of my own

Favourite videos to watch on Youtube:

1. Accent-type videos
2. FTM or MTF-type videos

Like everyone else, I've a few New Year resolutions too.

1. Lose weight
My ideal weight is 46kg. This is in anticipation of the freshman 15.

2. Run a marathon
I'm hoping that I can pull this off. I don't think the miles I've accumulated works the way deposits do in a bank, i.e. I cannot tap into them to tide me through, so I'm probably building up my stamina from scratch again. But I've got a year to do this, so, will do. Plus, this will help with the weight loss thingamajig.

3. Eat better
Am embarking on the South Beach Diet. Frankly it's not a bad diet. I don't mind eating lots of veggies, only that I only know how to cook them by boiling them, which is a sort of blah way to eat veggies. Sadly, I'll have to pass on the Christmas chocolates and CNY goodies. Oh well. Wanting to shed weight > wanting to eat junk food.

4. Develop better people skills
This is the only other-centric resolution I have. It is sufficiently broad to include being more active in friendships, being more patient with my family, avoid incisiveness in conversations, etc. This might involve a lot of teeth-clenching and half-reluctant outings, but what the hell. Might also involve reading some self-help books but they're starting to lose its rhetorical force after I spent about half a year trying to analyse how self-help books work. It's lost its mystery - it no longer works.

That's about all, really. These are about the only things that I think I need a total makeover in. I probably need to be more optimistic, but I think the only department where I lack positivity is in the people department, so that's a subcategory of point 4. Otherwise I am overly-confident in my abilities to do what I want to. Other things like doing well in school should be a given; I don't think I did sufficiently badly in school last year to warrant a New Year's resolution for this. I also think I need to save money, but I think circumstances will more or less force that upon me so I'm not too worried about that.

If everything goes well I should be getting Lasik within the month. My mum's still not too sold on the other cosmetic procedures that I want to do, though. Heh. Tried threatening her (more like my dad) that I'll work as a bar girl to get the dough, but don't think they took me seriously. Heck, I didn't even take myself seriously.

No comments: