Beyonce's If I Were a Boy. The video is like... CONCEPT! It's not just moving images, like most other music videos.
Panic at the Disco's Nine in the Afternoon (Acoustic) - his voice is rather mesmerising. I never listened to the song properly until I watched the acoustic video. *swoons*
As much as I'd like to deny it, Britney's new song Womanizer is very catchy. Very. Is it even new? I'm terribly out of touch now.
Saw one half of the ex-legendary couple from school. Nah, they're not really legendary, but they just stick out in my mind because they were probably the first pair to get attached in the batch. I think they got together within the first month of PAE. I imagine they must have bonded over mass dancing and the like. The SDU's initiatives must be working.
Well, another reason why they stood out is because you don't really see Catholic High and River Valley pairings. So anyway, I've noticed that they haven't been as joined at the hip as they once were (they used to go around everywhere together; really, you couldn't miss it), and today was confirmation that they've since broken up because she was with somebody else.
Well, nothing much, really. It's always weird to see the same person cosying up to two different people. It upsets deeply-held conventions about everlasting love and all that fluff, and it also makes you wonder what the new relationship subsists on since the old one clearly wasn't sustainable.
I'm fairly annoyed, because I have submitted two pieces of work to a teacher he has yet to return any. One is an essay on Duchess, the other is a short passage answer for KI. You see, the teachers like to taunt the students for not giving them any work to mark. E.g.
"Class, here are some questions for your reference. If you want to try them out, feel free to do so and I'll look through your scripts. *pause* Yea, who am I kidding?"
So yea. I submitted the DOM essay BEFORE common tests, and the KI assignment about a week or so ago. And of course, I've seen neither hide nor hair of either. It's quite annoying. I'm not given a chance to vindicate myself, because he refuses to acknowlege my efforts. I guess the point was to make us practise. Can't say the practise didn't help, even if it's not going to be reviewed. Despite this, I have to concede that he writes pretty rockin' poetry.
P.S. I especially like "regret", and I especially like the last line. Like Leung Yan said, so much is expressed with such economy of words! Quite awesome.
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment