Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Souffle omelette

Let's forget about all the religious stuff I've been talking about in the last few posts, okay? It must be pretty annoying. It's just so that it's at the forefront of my mind right now, trying to understand my lit text. So annoying! I feel so unequipped to handle religious themes, and I think I am quite shortchanged compared to my peers who might understand what liturgies, vespers, excommunication and Te Deum means.

So yes, on to happier stuff! FOOD! Who doesn't like eggs?

Everybody does! It must be some going back to one's roots sort of thing. Like, we all came out of eggs. But the thought is vaguely cannibalistic... Okay nevermind. Eggs are like the most versatile food ever. I like how they taste good in both sweet and savoury foods. Or have I already mentioned this in an earlier post? I borrowed this recipe book on eggs, and learnt to make a souffle omelette. It's fluffier and airier than a regular omelette because the whites are whipped separate from the yolks.

And tada!


Canned mushrooms in a creamy sauce...


When I cut into it, it's like cutting through styrofoam. I can hear the mini air spaces being popped. Hah.


Ok la it's not that special but I've never seen/made a souffle omelette before mah. I've never even made a regular omelette before. I prefer my eggs scrambled if I'm making it up in a pan. Oh I also tried making imitation tamago! Not bad. It's a queer mixture of sweet and savoury, which the Japanese are masters at.

I think the whole MITC concept of submitting one's will to God means that whatever you do is a-okay doesn't sit too well with me. If claiming the promise of heaven for the personal glory of a creature is a "wrong reason", why is doing it for the love of God a better reason? To me it just sounds like an obsession/attachment still, but just on a more abstract plane. But this is a question that is probably beyond the concerns of the 'A' Level syllabus, so I shouldn't be too concerned about it.

Rarh lit texts that make me question my existence/purpose/meaning unsettles me greatly.

No comments: