Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Absolutely.

This is probably one of the worst days of my life ever. Woke up at 7:47 and thought: HOLY SHIT KI STARTS IN LESS THAN HALF AN HOUR. For a split second I considered that maybe I got the day wrong? But a quick check of the date affirmed YES IT IS WEDNESDAY and I proceeded to do my washing up thing.

Got out of the house in less than ten minutes, cussed and cursed while running to the main road, and whined LIFE - 100, ME - 0. My track record of lateness is near zero. I've only been late one last year, and that wasn't because I woke up late. And of all days I had to be late, it had to be the start of my prelim exams. Great.

Got into a cab and calmed down considerably, yet still sitting rod-straight in the back of the taxi. Radio said there were traffic jams here, there, everywhere, and it was then that I realised what a fucking pain in the ass the ERP system is. CTE was practically EMPTY. Which caused PIE to have a huge motherfucking jam, of course. Bloody hell. Now I've finally experienced first-hand what the old farts were on about when ERP rates were raised.

Made jovial small talk with the uncle, and he did try his best to get me to school as soon as possible, what with cutting into lanes and honking at people who probably didn't deserve to be honked at.

Paid $18 (muthafuck - 18 dollars?!) and got out of the cab. Saw a teacher walk across the atrium. She gave me a look that seemed to despair the dire state of students these days who can't even be bothered to wake up early enough for their exam.

Mid-way to the classroom where my paper was held, I decided to stop running and walk at a brisk pace instead. Which is probably still quite fast. One of the first things I did when I awoke was to SMS my teacher.

Omg im gonna be late. how?

His response was saturated with his typical nonchalance.

don't panic. late late lor. please walk into class coolly.

I remembered his words and took a sip from the water cooler, and proceeded straight on to class.

Responded like how social decorum would decree to his "how are you?" with a "fine, thanks", caught my breath like I was advised to, and wrote on.

I was about fifteen minutes late; which was just fine, I still could finish my essays. He asked if I could finish my essays, I said yes. He remarked that I probably just had to rush a little, which I agreed with. (Then again, I sat without thought for probably a good five minutes in total because I hadn't properly woken up yet. Spent the time looking around the classroom and checking people out at their most philosophical.)

Ideally I should be heaving a sigh of relief, but now I realise that I know next to nothing about exchange rates, except that today the US dollar is probably the strongest it has ever been ever since it weakened. Interesting piece of info, isn't it? I think oil is $112 per barrel now.

Oh, shit. This spells trouble. No, not the strengthening of the US dollar. The start of my prelims week. And I have this insufferable headache that refuses to be quelled despite more and more being food stuffed down my throat.

KI consultation tomorrow. I wish she'd tell me exactly how crap my IS is BUT AT THE SAME TIME telling me how to go about changing it for the better. Wouldn't be able to abide it if she just poked holes without telling me how to improve. Or even worse, spend the consultation telling me it's a decent enough essay. (BUT WHO STRIVES FOR DECENCY? Poor and badly conducted workers without linen shirts?)

No comments: