Mum: It's raining very heavily leh. How you go to school?
Me: Rain so heavy, then don't go school lor.
Mum: Still have to go. *tentative pause* You ownself go okay?
Me: *rolls eyes* What is the point of acting concerned if you're not going to do anything about it? Waste of breath.
I don't think my mum sincerely cares about my welfare. I think she just doesn't want the guilt of my death weighing down on her for the rest of her life. By asking some cursory questions, it alleviates her conscience just a little bit. All this rapidly ran through my mind before she responded, "Ok, I ask your brother to fetch you."
Then she started dispensing all kinds of driving advice to him, a driver of at least four years. "I'm concerned mah," was her response to the gentlest of reminders that she was being naggy.
Well. Another attempt at salvaging her throbbing conscience. If we get into an accident, she can taunt "I told you so." If we die, she can comfort herself with the fact that she did warn us beforehand and it was our fault that we didn't heed her advice.
********
I've been reading Baking Bites. It's beyond awesome and I want to make EVERYTHING! I want to make oatmeal cookies, and cookie sandwiches, and more. Baking is apparently one of the most scientific ways of preparing food. The wet and dry ingredients are carefully calibrated to cook at an exact temperature in order to produce a perfect concoction. Leave something out, add too much of something, mix the wet and dry ingredients together when they say you shouldn't, will all result in disaster. I prefer baking to cooking because cooking is too freestyle. I'm not comfortable enough with the stove to do that. Besides, I still have this unholy phobia of sharp knifes and pots of boiling water. And splattering oil. There are so many ways to injure yourself, damn.
This diet is actually doing me good. It's making me hang about the kitchen more. It'll be pretty rad if I could marry a pastry chef or something. Ooh la la.
My cheesecake fascination has led me to engage in voracious googling, and The Cheesecake Cafe is supposed to be a great place for cheesecakes. Seems like a pretty nice date place to go to, don't you think? Unfortunately I haven't got a date! Tragic.
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment