I have decided to embark on the Sacred Heart Diet.
DAY ONE
Any fruit (except bananas). Cantaloupes and watermelon are lower in calories than most other fruits. Eat only soup and fruit today.
DAY TWO
All vegetables. Eat until you are stuffed with fresh raw, cooked or canned veggies. Try to eat green leafy veggies and stay away from dry beans, peas or corn. Eat veggies along with the soup. At dinnertime tonight reward yourself with a big baked potato and butter. Don't eat any fruits through today.
DAY THREE
Eat all the soup, fruit and veggies you want. Do not have a baked potato. If you have eaten as above for three days and not cheated, you should find that you have lost 5-7 pounds.
DAY FOUR
Bananas and skim milk: Eat at least 3 bananas and drink as much milk as you can today, along with the soup. Bananas are high in calories and carbohydrates, as is the milk but on this particular day, your body will need the potassium and carbs. Proteins and calcium to lessen the cravings for sweets.
DAY FIVE
Beef and tomatoes: you may have 10 to 20 ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes, or as many as 6 tomatoes on this day. Eat the soup at least once today.
DAY SIX
Beef and veggies, eat to your heart's content of the beef and veggies today. You can even have 2-3 steaks if you like with green leafy veggies but no baked potato. Be sure to eat the soup at least once today.
DAY SEVEN
Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice and veggies, again, be sure to stuff yourself and eat the soup. You can add cooked veggies to your rice if you wish.
Due to the variety of digestive systems in individuals, this diet will affect everyone differently. After day three, you will have more energy than when you began, if you do not cheat. After being on the diet for several days, you will find that your bowel movements have changed. Eat a cup of bran or fiber. Although you can have black coffee with this diet, you may find that you don't need caffeine after the third day.
You can eat broiled, boiled or baked chicken instead of the beef. Absolutely no skin on the chicken. If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef on only one of the beef days. You need the high protein in the beef for the other days.
Continue on the diet as long as you wish and feel the difference both mentally and physically.
NOT ALLOWED:
No bread, alcohol, carbonated drinks (including diet drinks). Remember, absolutely no fried foods.
REMEMBER TO:
Drink plenty - at least 6 to 8 glasses - of water a day, as well as any combination of the following beverages: black coffee, unsweetened fruit drinks, cranberry juice and skim milk.
It seems alright to me, and I don't think it denies me of any essential nutrients. Vivien says that I'll end up getting severe constipation at one end of the week, and severe protein deficiency at the other. Possibly, but it all evens out. Or so I like to think.
Day 1:
Ate an apple for breakfast, a box of fruits for lunch at school, lots and lots of black grapes (crunchier than red grapes!) throughout the afternoon, and vegetable soup for dinner.
It has onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms and tomatoes. My bro says that the soup looks like the kind that you get free at soup kitchens. I agree. Kinda mucky looking. But I added chicken stock and tom yam paste, so it's actually quite palatable. I like mushrooms too, so they were a saving grace. One carb free day down! EXCEPT for the two measly spoons of B&J ice cream that I ate, cos Jianhao decided to buy ice cream for the class to celebrate our good PW results. Damn, I hope it doesn't affect the diet drastically. It was only a tiny tiny bit!
I don't know how I'm going to handle tomorrow. I'll be staying in school till late, and I don't know how I'm going to get my vegetable fix. Gah! Hungry hungry.


No comments:
Post a Comment