This is pre-pants making!
I had to print out the pattern on thirty or so sheets of paper, and paste them all together. Then cut it out. Damn time-consuming. Paste the pattern together, cut my size out, alter the length on the paper pattern for my height, iron the fabric (which I had previously soaked in water and left to dry), pin the pattern onto the fabric, cut it out, and only then I can start sewing. But it's worth it.
Okay, say hello to my new pants! Which is also the first ever pair I ever made. Pants are notoriously difficult to fit; there are just too many curves to take care of.

Frontal shot makes me look like I'm hiding hams in my pants. I cheated by wearing a corset; my true waist must not be seen, ever. Once get skinnier, I'll do the whole androgynous suspenders thing. I don't have suspenders, though. Hmm. Shall figure a way around it.

Butt! I managed to fix the wedgie problem, so now it cups my ass quite nicely. My legs look endlessly long. Woot!

And the pocket, just to prove that there's at least one.
This is where I got the pattern from, if you're interested.
Whee. Oh. I think the days of "handmade shit" has long since past. It's a bit traumatising, when you were told as a kid that your "handmade shit" wasn't wanted.


No comments:
Post a Comment