Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

OOOH LA Mauritius!

Jason did really well for his A's, so, WHEE! Congrats to the friend of six years! I knew him since I was in Primary Six... we go a long way back ;)

I got a pathetic D for Chinese... but I'm like, whatever. I wasn't aspiring for more anyway. Of course I'm not going to fucking retake Chinese! I skipped classes for the past two weeks in anticipation of the results, and it'd take a miracle for me to drag myself back to class. So whee to me, the underachieving loser who is a disgrace to her SAP school roots!

HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS! I am going to Mauritius TOMORROW! OMG SO EXCITING!!!! I've been quite depressed lately, so a change of scenery would definitely do me some good. Though more likely than not, my mum's gonna have to meet up with her business clients and whatever, but still, it'll be nice to get out of the country. Oh oh we're going to Seychelles too! OMG SO EXOTIC CAN! HAHAHA. Mauritius is this resort island thingy off the coast of Madagascar, if you don't know of it's geographical position.

I'm gonna meet up with the cute as pie Mauritian girl Christie! Do you remember her? Well, of course you don't. Unless you've been reading my blog since two years ago, and you have an excellent memory, which is quite unlikely. Christie is two years younger than I am, and she came over to Singapore with her parents two years ago. Her dad is a customer of my mum, so that's how I was entrusted to bring her around shopping.

Photobucket
She was absolutely marvelled by the concept of the neoprint machine, and we went three machines at a go. An extremely frivolous waste of money if you ask me, and would be even more pricey with today's inflation rates, but it was good enough entertainment for two teenage girls! Man, that neoprint is damn old. When I was still pretty with long (dyed) hair. Alas, how things have changed!

Christie also has a really cute accent, because in Mauritius they speak a language that's derived from French, which is called Creole, I believe. I remember (in the dark ages) I kept trying to imitate her accent, and irritated the ex-boyfriend as a result. Hah, funny times, those were.

Anyway, I'm really really excited. It's the perfect uplifter to round up the dreary week. It's been damn depressing lah. I basically just fuck my own mind up. Plus, watching the Year 3s taking their results unsettled me quite a bit. I don't want to end up with crap results. First of all, it's going to be extremely embarrassing. Secondly, I have a lot to live up to. People's expectations, and most importantly, my own. Can you imagine what people would say if I got a medley of... of... alphabets that are on the other end of the spectrum? "Wah, so much for coming from NJ... so much for getting 8 points for her L1R5... so much for getting 260 for her PSLE..." PRESSURE!

Hmmm, I sort of expected more radical hairstyles from the J3s. Those who had their hair dyed, dyed their hair the standard "I'm out of the formal education system and I'm dyeing my hair simply because I can" kind of colour. The coppery/bronzey/brown sort of colour. B-oring! A few days back, I saw this chick with purple tinting the tips of her hair. I'd definitely do something radical to my hair. Get it purple or pink or something. I just hope my used and abused tresses can withstand the chemical attack. Meanwhile, I'm gonna try my best to avoid cutting it short. I can't wait for post-A's. I swear, I will take up all the classes I ever wanted to. Dance classes, dressmaking classes, singing classes, etc.

I stink so damn bad. You know, I ran twelve rounds in total today, which is 4.8km in shoes not meant for running. I hope my joints haven't suffered any permanent damage from the lack of cushioning.

Oh, I have this morbid fantasy which I feel like telling you all. Every single day when I cross the overhead bridge to get to school, I always wonder what would happen if I were to topple over the railings of the bridge and into the canal below. Assuming that someone is going to be concerned enough to run down to see how I am, would it be someone from NJ/Nanyang Girls? Or someone from HCI? I'm dividing them into two like that because the NJ and NY people travel in the same direction. So I'm wondering who would rescue me, well, if someone does.

Then I also like to wonder what would happen if I were leaning over the ledge at the canteen next to the A02 table, and if I fell over too. That would be about two or three stories high, I think. Who would rescue me? A classmate? A canoeist? (because the canoeist table is right there too) Or someone who is neither? I figured that my classmates would probably go into hysterics. Concerned, yes, but proactive, maybe not so much.

The thing about these curiosities is that it's too much of a sacrifice to experiment with them. I probably wouldn't die from either, but I don't want to end up paralysed or a vegetable. What's worse is to find out that no one at all would come to save me. And that's a gruesome reality that I'm not particularly keen on discovering.

Well. Just some thoughts. :)

2 comments:

emtonmi said...

What happened to bleaching your hair white?

Jin said...

emtonmi: You remember! Hmm, in order to have vivid pink streaks I'll probably need to get my hair white first...