Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day and Ren Ri.

For Valentine's Day, I literally spread some love! A group of us, with Syamil the helm, decided to stick red heart cut-outs on random people in the canteen, wishing them a happy Valentine's Day. Check out the video!


It was by far the wackiest thing I've ever done, seeing how I'm generally a pretty sedate person that raises an eyebrow at such peace-disrupting activities. I'm usually dismissive, incredulous and non-supportive. (Xiao Shuo has said I always give her a "look" when she says she'll try to be a better person. Disbelieving, perhaps?) But this year, I wanted to do something different. I wanted to feel more like a part of the festivities than be merely an observer. I wanted to be more receptive to er, unusual ideas. And it also helped that Syamil is crazy shit. :D


There, a nice group shot of most of the participants. More people should have turned up, but well, you know, people are like that, and you can never rely on anybody.

Yep, that was my Valentine's Day! It wasn't romantic in the conventional way, but it was such a cute and romantic idea to do something silly like that. It is definitely a day to remember. I generally despise it for being a day where people's insincerity is at its height, but that's maybe only sour grapes. I mean, I only got one personalised gift out of other generic stuff that's distributed to everyone else, but well, I appreciate everything nonetheless. I love candy and chocolates. :D

Yesterday was nice too. I had dinner with Jason's family, and we had sushi and yusheng. Actually, I've only lohei-ed twice in my entire life, and yesterday was the second time. The first time was in Secondary Four for the SJAB CNY celebrations. So, it was actually quite... heartwarming to lohei with an actual family. And his mother is really sweet, she remembers my name! And I didn't feel the least bit unwelcome, even though it was obviously a family affair. Actually, lohei-ing isn't as fancy as it looks in still pictures. In pictures, you can't really see the bits of peanut and cucumber and carrot strips adorning their hands.

We had a nice time catching up, and I am only reminded of how precious friends are. It is hard to find someone who can listen to me ramble on and on (general rule of talking for me is not more than fifteen seconds in a stretch, any longer you'll bore people) and still give insightful feedback, stuff they know I want to hear. People you are compatible (for want of a more apt word) with are so tough to find, and whatever friendships I have forged, I will try my best to keep alive. That was utterly cheesy, please pretend I didn't just say that.

Mmm, I wanna watch P.S. I Love You! I read the book, and it was very aww-inducing. I think if I really wanted to torture myself, I could go watch this romance movie alone. It'd probably be a test of mental and emotional strength. Hmmm. I will contemplate it.

4 comments:

tecrobi said...

saturday, 16 feb is still on right? XD

-cleav

Jin said...

cleaven: Confirm on! 3.30pm under Esplanade bridge! Bring your friends along! :D

Anonymous said...

I've watched the movie. Won't give my input. (:

Jin said...

cheryl: Okay.... er, thanks for letting me know you watched it?