Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Genuine, unadulterated concern straight from her innocent heart.

My parents picked me up from tuition last night; and I was surprised to see my cousins, Laura, fourteen and Estelle, six, in the car. They had just returned from their trip to Phuket and was sunburnt like hell. I was completely brain dead; trying to comprehend binomial distribution really mushes up the brain.

So anyways, I was just feeling really cold. It's quite strange, because I tend to perspire a lot, yet my extremities feel like frozen fish fingers even after just a short period in an airconditioned room. I didn't feel like talking much to my cousins, because I was just so goddamn tired. I placed my cold hands on Estelle's smooth, chubby cheeks without saying anything. Rather self-explanatory. She exclaimed: "You are so cold!" And she proceeded to rub my hand briskly between hers, rubbing as fast as her tiny hands could.

It wasn't very successful, yet her genuine show of concern warmed the cockles of my heart. It was truly an unadulterated act of altruism, and I was touched by how she instinctively tried to warm my hands, clearly without any selfish reason. It was so sincere, marked by a desire to make me feel better. Even though she did eventually get tired of doing it and asked her sister to rub my hands instead, because "Laura, you have bigger hands, you can do it faster!"

It is quite a pleasant sensation to be cared for, with no strings attached. I couldn't possibly suspect a six year old child for trying to manipulate me emotionally or something equally improbable for such a tender age! She wouldn't have anything to gain out of it, anyhow. And it somehow made me feel that there was some good left in the world.

**********

My favouritest TV program ever is Project Runway. Obviously! It's everything I find entertaining; fashion, sewing, cattiness and gay men. I was annoyed that Channel 5 stopped screening Project Runway after the second season, but now with Sidereel, I can watch everything! I HEART Project Runway. The only other reality TV series I used to follow religiously was The Amazing Race in one of its earlier seasons, the one with the cute hunky twin brothers.

Mmmm Project Runway is ever so inspiring. If they can do it, so can I! My green stripey fabric is still waiting to be actualised into something...

No comments: