I find it extremely annoying when guys say, "SMS me when you're home alright?" They do this under the pretense of ensuring the girls' safety, so they'll at least know when she's safe and sound at home.
But seriously, if you wanna know whether I'll reach home in one piece or not, you fucking send me home and don't pretend to be so gallant and concerned for my welfare by asking me to send you a paltry SMS when I step into my abode. So what are you gonna do if you don't receive an SMS from me? Are you gonna rush all the way to my house to make sure that I'm still alive, all my orifices still intact?
I understand that sometimes it's difficult to send a girl home due to some circumstances beyond one's control, but I find the whole confirmatory SMS thing a little contrived, and very much pointless.
Of course, it serves the social purpose of prolonging the date and creating an excuse to continue a conversation. And also creating the illusion of protection and security. The guy does a half-assed job of protecting, the girl feels cared for.
Do not mistake me. I don't think it's compulsory for a guy to send a girl home, and girls can very well get back home themselves, but the pretense of it all irks me.
Did you know? Being on the phone in the middle of the night while returning home may give you a sense of security, but it actually makes you more vulnerable to external threat because you're less aware of your surroundings.
Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment