Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Umbrella kimono print shift dress.

I finally finished my new dress!


This was how it looked like last night, after hours of toiling from 4pm to midnight. I hadn't sewn up the hem yet, hence the fraying. I was just too eager to try it on! I bought the fabric on Thursday before meeting up with Erica and Ner. Once I'm infected with the sewing bug, it's hard for me to shake it off.


And here it is finished up after hand-stitching in front of re-runs on Channel 8...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Back view.

Close up of neckline...


Close up of hem and pockets.

The pockets really are just decorative. Yes, I can put my hand in them, but I doubt they'd hold anything more substantial than some shillings.

I don't usually wear prints, and neither do I wear blue except for the indigo on my jeans, but I decided to experiment this time. Fortunately I don't look too bad in navy blue, and neither do I look too bad wearing an umbrella print. It's kimono print fabric or something.

Yay! Finally, another item I've sewn that I am quite sure I'll wear.

3 comments:

del said...

this piece of clothing certainly look like it came out from a tailor's hands! nice prints and gorgeous cut.

cat said...

omg the dress damn cool eh ! i want one too ahah , when i am visiting you man ahha:)

Jin said...

del: I didn't draft the pattern of the dress, of course... my skills are still quite limited to following instructions and putting pieces together. But thank you! :D

cat: Lol you always want anything I sew. You can come visit me this weekend if you like! No problem at all!