Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Monday, August 27, 2007

开窍, Blue Coral flavour.

I've just been enlightened. It's like as if I've been lost in a maze for ages, and I finally found the exit which leads me to an enchanted garden with twittering birds, exquisite blooms and exotic vegetation. And waterfalls and soft music emanating from somewhere, somewhere I can't trace... (I'm trying to describe a near-death experience but probably failing horribly because I haven't been anywhere near death save for my own delusions. I just wiki-ed near-death experience, and I stumbled across near-birth experience. Wtf?!)

I'm still reading Someone To Love, and this is the most valuable, insightful nugget of information I've sieved out of it so far:

You can love each other, yet not be compatible.

That has never ever came across to me. Oh my goodness, I fall severely short in the relationship department. On retrospect, it's pretty sad how I'm relying on theory to pull through the practical. Shouldn't I be out there experiencing things as they are and learn from my blunders?

Attraction --> Attachment --> Love
Do not confuse any of these with compatibility.

Compatibility:
  • Being able to stand each other on a regular and consistent basis
  • Knowing you have a good chance of living together in relative harmony for a sustained period in the future
  • Not the same as common backgrounds or interests
Checklist:
Do the things that attract me matter enough to help me withstand the likely disappointments?
Do I like their approach to the world and other people?
Do I have evidence that they will behave well towards me when stressed?
Do I respect and accept our differences?
Do we have similar goals, values and aspirations?
If we each made a list of expectations of this relationship, would they be compatible? Etc.

Omg I feel so... 开窍. Which I think means something like enlightened. But the word "enlightened" just doesn't make the cut... 开窍 fits the bill perfectly...

I need to analyse that checklist, man. Put every single one of my relationships the the test... Which numbers in the zeroes (depending on who you ask) so yea.

So many ingredients to be included in the cocktail of a successful relationship. Before I've even figured out how love tastes like, here comes a new condiment. Just when I thought I've reconstructed something that I think vaguely resembles a successful relationship, I have a little sampling of the real thing and realise it's entirely different!

It's sort of like artificially-flavoured fruit candies. Does grape-flavoured Mentos taste anything like grapes? Seriously, I don't know how people come up with these flavours. I have banana-scented shampoo (at least that's what the label says) at home, and it doesn't smell remotely like bananas to me.

Speaking of artificial flavours, what the hell does blue coral taste like? I'm really curious, but I don't want to waste money buying blue coral bubble tea. What if it turns out to taste like weird crap shite? Furthermore it's gonna stain my teeth blue. Eww.

Just found out what blue coral tastes like!
The Blue Coral is an exhilarating mix of lemon, honey and blue curacao.

Apparently, that is. Some say it tastes like medicine. Some say it tastes like detergent. But I think the detergent thing is only derived cos of the colour. I need to try it for myself, dammit. Okay, I swear tomorrow I will buy blue coral bubble tea!

I m such an old hand at digressing. Harhar.

No comments: