Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Inquiry.

Hasn't it ever occurred to you?



How come the toothpaste that comes out from the tube can still remain stripey?! I'm sure everything gets messed up when you compress the tube, right? What is the secret to directing all three stripes uniformly through the hole when you squeeze the tube? Mystery!

9 comments:

yk said...

the toothpaste is put into the tube in a certain way. pretty rad, eh.

I'm so glad I did research on this before.

yk said...

found it.

Anonymous said...

Haha. This post reminds me of the one I made about nosedirt.

"Have you ever wondered why you don't smell nose dirt when it's in your nose?"

Jin said...

yk: But when you squeeze the tube to get the paste out (like I do, cos I just grip the tube and squeeze it instead of pushing from the bottom) wouldn't the contents swirl up?

emtonmi: Haha why the connection? But it's probably because there's nose dirt in the nose all the time so one gets desensitised to the scent eau de booger?

Anonymous said...

The connection? I'm not sure myself. Maybe it was just the way you said it that reminded me of my post.

As for the nosedirt, you can smell it when it's out of the nose but never while it's in the nose.

But I reckon it's because the formation of nosedirt is kind of slow and our body just doesn't regnoise such small and gradual changes sometimes...

Jin said...

http://emtonmi.blogspot.com/2007/05/totally-random.html

I see what you mean. The similarities are pretty surprising. Query. Doubt. Mystery. Heh. Maybe we have the same internal template or something.

Firehost465 said...

Could be fairies.

Tooth fairies, since its toothpaste. Could be in their scope of work.

Jin said...

eustace: Could be.

yk said...

well, I think it's the way it comes out of the nozzle, and I doubt your squeezing swirls up the contents.

Unless, of course, you intentionally try to, by twisting the tube or something. (I don't think anyone does that.)