Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weird peanut butter dishes; free papers; imagine a scenario.

I didn't bring my camera out today, so I missed out on quite a bit of potentially interesting stuff. Had dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant which was Jewish: there was a Star of David in stained glass.


This is a menu from a peanut butter sandwich shop. Practically everything has peanut butter in it. I know someone who'd enjoy a hearty peanut butter sandwich; I'm not so partial to it myself, though. Here's an example of the menu.

Pregnant Lady - $6.00
Peanut butter & pickles? You bet! A strange sounding but great-tasting combination. Better watch out though - this sandwich has been known to induce labour!

Peanut Butter BLT (bacon, lettuce and tomatoes for the uninitiated) - $6.50
We use toasted bread and fresh cut bacon to give this sandwich great flavour and texture.

The Heat Is On Sandwich - $7.00
Spicy peanut butter and chilled grilled chicken, with a little bit of pineapple jam. Like a Thai satay - only better.

Peanut Butter Fondue - $8.00
Warm chocolate and peanut butter swirled together make a yummy dip for bananas, marshmallows and cake.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie - $4.50
Made from scratch, this cool & creamy treat has a chocolate-covered cookie crust and a rich peanut butter cream filling. Each slice is topped with chopped peanuts, chocolate and peanut butter chips.

I also picked up a couple of free papers.


Gay City: Serving gay, lesbian, bi and transgendered New York.

I think you can click on the picture to read, but if you can't, the caption under the photo reads: Two gay men at Sunday's Pride March in Riga, Latvia; unlike last year, police held right-wing thugs at bay

The paper was kinda boring, though. I couldn't be arsed to read the articles. I must say, The Straits Times produce pretty catchy titles.

Then there was The Onion! I knew of its existence online, so I was surprised to to see it available for free.



Study: Many Americans Too Fat To Commit Suicide
Of the one-third of Americans classified obese, the report estimated 29 percent are too heavy, immobile, or both for suicide to be a viable option.

Oh yes. American buildings don't have the 13th storey. I only noticed it today! Slow, I know.

Imagine this. You've been having entertaining conversations with a guy, and quite a bit of flirting's going on. You like him, and he seems to reciprocate your advances too. You two start to get close. All of a sudden, he drops a bomb on you:

"I'm sorry, I don't think I can do this. I just broke up with my girlfriend a couple of months ago and I don't think I'm up for another relationship."

You feel guilty for imposing on this poor, vulnerable soul, and suppress your emotions. You then calmly rationalise to yourself: "Nope, I'm not unattractive; he's just mopey and needs some time out. It's not me, it's him. Whew."

You bided your time, occasionally dropping him small but thoughtful gifts, hoping it'd steer his affections towards you. Slowly, but surely, he'll move on and fall for you instead. One day, you two arrange to meet, just to pass something. Then, another bomb-drop: you see him with a girl dangling on his arm, looking smug, as if saying: "The boy's mine. Suck it up."

How would you feel? I'd feel horribly betrayed and hurt. The bloody hypocritical, two-faced bastard! I thought he liked me! He led me on for his own amusement! Jerk. I bet he's breaking hearts left and right, and you know what? Good riddance to his new girlfriend. If I were the new girlfriend, I'd be so guilty about causing such grievious hurt to a fellow female, and the guilt would linger on for so long, that I'd think about it even though weeks had passed since the incident.

Watched She's The Man today. Stupid but kills time. I only left the house at 3 today; it was a lazy Saturday for us.

No comments: