Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Pride and Prejudice.

Saw this rad bike on my way to the port. It's adorned with Metro cards.



We then took a ferry to Staten Island just to check out the Statue of Liberty.




I couldn't help the image quality; this is the max it can zoom in, cos the statue was rather far away. Well, that's that. Pretty boring, huh.


This is the sphere smashed by one of the falling twin towers. It's been moved to Battery Park from its former location at WTC. There's a fire burning in front of it, and it's a temporary memorial for the casualties from 9/11. It's supposed to represent how our hopes will never be destroyed, like how this steel sphere wasn't.

We went back like four, cos I had awful cramps. I spent the afternoon watching Pride and Prejudice (only read the abridged version, though). It left me lingering with warmth and fuzziness, but sadly merely temporary. Their expressions are so cute. Wouldn't it be adorable if everyone spoke like them in real life?

Darcy's cold and aloof exterior actually belies a passionate, romantic lover. Her feistiness makes her determined to make him drop that arrogant facade. Her boldness piques him and makes him want her more. They're such a perfect combination. Just the kind of romance I'd like to be in... Ahh! Romance overdose! I should get my head out of the clouds. Get out of the dream-like state I've been in, and wake up to a miserable, cynical, loveless world. :(

Oh yea. I want a skate-scooter. I used to have one when I was a kid, but it got stolen. I think it's a brilliant form of transportation. More compact than a bicycle, skirt-friendly, and still calorie-burning. But they're not in vogue anymore, are they? Maybe I should try obtaining a Segway. Ha!

I'm still in a dewy-eyed, lifted-spirits, heartwrenching-sighs sort of mood. Harmful side effects of one too many romance movies, perhaps? *luxuriant sigh*

Should go take a shower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skate-scooter! :D Mine rusted really badly. Might be due to over-exposure to the rain whatsoever. I don't really know.