The lilac metal tag thing is to identify that we're ticket holders. Oh yes, my sister works for Amex so we get free entries to many museums, like Natural History and Met. Met was kinda uninteresting. Therefore, that's the only picture I have related to it. Haha. Horse armour is pretty cool.
I feel sorry for horses. There are some on the streets here too. Horses look elegant yet mournful at the same time. They look so gallant and noble, but seem to have so many grievances. I would feel sorry for myself if I had to piggyback fat people day in and day out, too.
We next went to Museum of Modern Art, MoMA! It's a very cool museum. I saw Monet's Waterlilies. It's larger than I expected. It's like four metres long or something. I was a little disappointed by the real thing. It was impressive, but only because of its size. I guess it looks better in books. I saw a lot of abstract art, and I was telling my brother: "Hey, you can be an artist too."
Er, you know this one, don't you.
And this.
And this. *yawn*
The following drawings were drawn on the wall. The wall spans two floors, so the images are actually rather large.
There's much more, but I can't capture everything. You've got to step back ten or fifteen metres just to be able to view everything in a single glance. The museum shop had lots of cool stuff. Interesting salt/pepper shakers and weird contraptions just to confuse our life further. There was a banana bunker for five bucks. It's too phallic for me to take it seriously. Then there were interesting plates and placemats and notebooks. If I had a fancy designer home, I'd buy the store to decorate my home.
The museum crowd was really intriguing. I was hearing them converse and I felt lost in their queer opinions. Some of them were furiously jotting down notes, and felt so undeserving to be in their presence. They dressed funkily too. Then I wondered how it'd be like to be one of those artsy people myself, discussing art pieces impassionately with an equally rapt companion. Or to ever go out with those intense, brooding, artist sort. *gazes off into the far distance* My taste has since changed. I guess I'm done with jocks for now.
We went to Serendipity restaurant, famous for its Frozen Hot Chocolate. Oxymoronic, huh. Basically its just hot chocolate blended with ice.
The restaurant with fancy Tiffany lampshades. Oh, we queued up for more than half an hour to get a seat, and it's considered short already. Each person was required to spend a minimum of $8.50, the price of one Frozen Hot Chocolate.
It wasn't THAT great. That's what happenes when something's overhyped. The restaurant made me wonder how nice it'd be to be wined and dined. At this rate, I doubt I'll ever be. Sigh!
Next up was a candy store, called The Dylan Candy Shop (I think). It was opened by Ralph Lauren's daughter. Here are some celebrities' favourite candies.
Speaking of Avril Lavigne, she's such a sell-out, isn't she? Suddenly she's all happy and pink and poppy. I feel sorry for her fans.
Hoho. I didn't know MK and Ashley ate candy at all. There were a whole lot of other celebrities, but these are the Gen Y ones.
Went to SoHo to get skinny jeans from Uniqlo, and a pair of linen shorts as well. I'm a US size 4 now. In the good old days, I could wear the smallest size. Then I had to wear the second-smallest size. Now I'm wearing the third-smallest size. This is a horrible trend that must be reversed. Hurry hurry soccer training start once more, so I can get back in shape. With every mouthful of ice cream I consume, I can feel my stamina being sucked out of me.
Oh yea, I've watched at least ten movies since I've left Singapore. Hurray for HBO On-Demand! Watched the first three on the plane, though.
- The Painted Veil: Good movie, but could've been faster-paced.
- 200 Pounds Beauty: Rewatched it because I was in a warm-the-cockles-of-my-heart mood. Sigh, pretty girls have all the luck. It can't be that extreme like in the movie, right?! Guys see pretty girl then lao nua meh?
- Music & Lyrics: Decent chick flick. The song was stuck in my head for quite a while.
- Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind: Awesome movie. I love these mind-boggling deja vu-ish movies, like The Butterfly Effect. It's very cool to see the human mind at work.
- You've Got Mail: Chick flick catered to the older crowd. It's cute how the couple reflected their age by their hesitance and wariness which must have only been cultivated by age and experience. The ending kiss encapsulated that perfectly. The reluctance, the hesitation... Aww.
- Mean Girls: THE high-school movie of the generation! I've watched this many times, and I still find the dude cute.
- Just My Luck: Too cliche, but it's a chick flick after all, so one should cut it some slack. But the script is so stupid.
- Les Triplettes de Belleville: Thought-provoking, and very conceptual because it doesn't have dialogue. Intelligent movie.
- The Omen: Er. Horror's not my cup of tea, but the rest wanted to watch it. Ok lor. Stupid.
- John Tucker Must Die: Very cute. It makes me wonder how well people can lie. I'm still in a very suspicious, questioning state.
- Titanic: Seriously, who hasn't watched this? It still induces such heart-wrenching emotions in me.
I'm sure there's still more, but I can't remember. The overdose of romance is putting a lot of romantic ideas in my head. Fancy restaurants, museums, movie-watching on the couch... I wish I were living in a movie. That'd be exciting, but unfortunately only two hours long. Excitement in my life passes as quickly as it comes. Sigh!
I'm reading some stranger's blog (who reads mine), and he intrigues me. But I don't ever randomly contact people, so I shall just remain intrigued for as long as... eternity. Hahaha.
Must I go to bed? Sigh.


No comments:
Post a Comment