Life dissected, for your voyueristic pleasure.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Cause and effects of double standards; Water Country.

If you set double standards in a relationship, expecting more than you can offer, here are three possible responses (I write from a female's perspective, just so you know):

1. The dude is frustrated at his having to put in more than he should, and he ups and leaves. Simple as that, no negotiating.

2. The dude likes the chick enough to please her, so he endures her whining, grudgingly gives in every time, apologises when he isn't wrong. Over time, he'll feel drained and emotionally exhausted, and he'll feel like less of a man. The relationship is an unhappy one.

3. The dude is a gem of a person, and he brushes her annoying quirks away, loving her all the same and happily does her bidding.

Usually, they go from 3, to 2, to 1.

There are some reasons why some girls set double standards.

1. She is plain evil and selfish.

2. She is a very secure person, and believes that if this dude cannot satisfy her needs, she's good enough to find a better one. He's not good enough for her anyway.

3. She is highly insecure, believing that if the guy does what she wants him to, it means he loves her enough to want to live up to her expectations. Her self-confidence erodes over time, and she expects more and more of her boyfriend.

Well. Just some mental compartmentalising and categorising of my thought processes. Despite being on holiday, my brain doesn't go on hold, you know.

Been driving through New Jersey, then Delware, then now I'm in Virginia. The land of crazy Virginia Tech guy. Gonna go to Washington D.C. and Philadelphia next.

I went to Water Country
yesterday. It was pretty fun! Only I was adventurous enough to do all the thrilling rides! But surprisingly, I dislike regular rollercoasters and stuff. I don't like how they tease and tantalise with sudden halts and pauses. Makes me queasy. At least waterslides are speedy. And you don't know fat until you've come here. My goodness. Cellulite, muffin tops, and stretch marks galore. My little brother and I have a secret code word for the really obese ones: Norbit.

Haha. Gotta go have breakfast. Ciao.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

'usually they go from 3, to 2 to 1"

how true.

wish I was as insightful as you when I was at your age.

Jin said...

daniel: Lol. Actually,I don't have a lot of dating experience.

Daniel said...

its alright. you still have a lot of time. just remember 3 things.

1. All boys are assholes at some point of time.

2. Don't make out with a boys in bracers. Ouch

3. Never say "I love you". it scares boys and old men alike.

Jin said...

daniel: Well, let's see.

1. That, I understand. Some boys are assholes all of the time too.

2. Never did!

3. Problem is, they say it to me first. =X